Rickie lambert to liverpool

i84est

Liverpool not letting the anniversary of the death of 39 Juventus fans stop them doing transfer business then? Would they have done this on Hillsborough Day? I assume they held a memorial service...

JFT39

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What on earth is Lambert going to add to that team. What's been their main reason they nearly won the title....pace and more pace. It's another Andy Carroll moment for them, and a great move for Lambert, good luck to him. Are they really going to change their style of play to fit him into the team?

Liverpool not letting the anniversary of the death of 39 Juventus fans stop them doing transfer business then? Would they have done this on Hillsborough Day? I assume they held a memorial service...JFT39

Always one.

What date did Liverpool submit the bid? Have they even bid yet? It's all media speculation at the moment with figures ranging from £4-10m depending where you read but let's take a pop at Liverpool as it's Liverpool.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/163716-29-years-on-heysel-remembered

Always one.

What date did Liverpool submit the bid? Have they even bid yet? It's all media speculation at the moment with figures ranging from £4-10m depending where you read but let's take a pop at Liverpool as it's Liverpool.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/163716-29-years-on-heysel-remembered

I keep reading that article and still can't find where they say "sorry, it was out fault"...maybe I am missing it somewhere.?

I keep reading that article and still can't find where they say "sorry, it was out fault"...maybe I am missing it somewhere.?

"Our"?

Wasn't Liverpool as a club fault, nor was it the majority of Liverpool's fans fault.

Liverpool not letting the anniversary of the death of 39 Juventus fans stop them doing transfer business then? Would they have done this on Hillsborough Day? I assume they held a memorial service...

JFT39

Well, seeing as Hillsborough isn't during the transfer window, they don't do business.

Given that Liverpool have the most 'English based' squad of players in the current top 4 (Gerrard,Johnson, Flanagan, Sterling, Sturridge, Kelly etc etc),  I think this signing is more about him offering them a different forward option.

Didnt see it coming, but could quite possibly compliment Suarez and Sturridge very nicely.

This transfer has a bit of a 'Charlie Adam' all over again feel to it. I hope not for Lambert's sake.

It's clear why Liverpool have signed the player. He's English...plain and simple. 

There are squad regulations for the Champions League meaning a minimum 8 players must have been born in England. For a squad of 25, that is a lot. 

If the fee is to be believed (4M), then Liverpool have an absolute steal. A player of International calibre for only 4M? He offers something different to Suarez or Sturridge and is a proven goalscorer at Premiership level. He has not looked put of place in his England appearances to date.

A slightly left field transfer but a very wise one for Liverpool. 

I would be worried and livid if I were a Saints fan.

I can't agree with the English thing. Liverpool have loads of English players.

I think he's a half-decent signing, if not a little underwhelming. 

I'd keep quiet on this subject if I were you...  You don't want another dressing down by Mrs Ram do you???

Back on topic.  I think he'll fit in well when he's given game time.  One thing you wouldn't call Southampton last season was slow.  Plus he's a far better footballer than people give him credit for, he's not your typical No 9 like Carrol or Crouch, if he's similar to anybody he's like Chris Martin and he doesn't look out of sorts in a pacey, counter attacking set up does he...

"Our"?

Wasn't Liverpool as a club fault, nor was it the majority of Liverpool's fans fault.

It never ever is their fault....any of them....

back on the subject, a decent signing I think, I always liked him, and obviously he will be chuffed with it.

Don't think he is a decent replacement for Suarez when the racist pig leaves this summer for Real Madrid, if I was a Liverpool fan (I would hang myself) but if I was one, I would be ready for another season of mid table mediocrity next season, they had their chance this year and it wont come around again.

I'd keep quiet on this subject if I were you...  You don't want another dressing down by Mrs Ram do you???

Back on topic.  I think he'll fit in well when he's given game time.  One thing you wouldn't call Southampton last season was slow.  Plus he's a far better footballer than people give him credit for, he's not your typical No 9 like Carrol or Crouch, if he's similar to anybody he's like Chris Martin and he doesn't look out of sorts in a pacey, counter attacking set up does he...

Not guilty your honor...

It never ever is their fault....any of them....

back on the subject, a decent signing I think, I always liked him, and obviously he will be chuffed with it.

Don't think he is a decent replacement for Suarez when the racist pig leaves this summer for Real Madrid, if I was a Liverpool fan (I would hang myself) but if I was one, I would be ready for another season of mid table mediocrity next season, they had their chance this year and it wont come around again.

Jesus you really don't like them do you... Was the bully at your school a fan of their's by any chance???

Must've been Lady Ram then, apologies...

All you birds look alike on here ;-)

I'm saying nothing without my solicitor.

Liverpool FC are also personally, and directly responsible for;

- Extinction of the Dinosaurs

- The black death

- The rise of the Third Reich

- Poverty and starvation in Africa

- The 18th century slave trade

- The global banking crisis

- Piers Morgan

- The building of two Death Stars

- Lord Voldemort's resurrection

- The dog out of Marley & Me dying

Evil b@$t@rds - thank God we have people on the case, ready to spread the word of their inherent evil-ness..... :rolleyes:

Jesus you really don't like them do you... Was the bully at your school a fan of their's by any chance???

because I said that when they sell the racist that they will be mid table....? I don't think that is any great stretch of footballing knowledge is it??

Archived