Rickie lambert to liverpool

i84est

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodger got the team playing well but his signing are utter ****. Aspas, illori, toure, Alberto, cissokho, sakho, now lambert non good enough for the 1st team

Disagree with Sakho, he's a good player, just not had much of a chance so far. The rest though, yeah, not much to write home about are they....

Apparently, they paid more for Lambert so they wouldn't have to pay as much for Lallana. Something about a clause in his contract that would give money to Bournemouth if it was over a certain amount. Not sure if it's true but that's what I heard.

It's an incredible move for Lambert but a baffling one for Liverpool.

Don't get me wrong, Lambert is a very likeable player and a decent player too but he is not the calibre of player you would expect a team like Liverpool to sign.

Still, he must be an inspiration for every aspiring footballer out there, given the remarkable progress he has made in his career. It is some feat, given his age, to go from playing in the lower leagues with Bristol Rovers five years ago to now signing for Liverpool and playing for England at a World Cup.

This transfer has a bit of a 'Charlie Adam' all over again feel to it. I hope not for Lambert's sake.

It's clear why Liverpool have signed the player. He's English...plain and simple. 

There are squad regulations for the Champions League meaning a minimum 8 players must have been born in England. For a squad of 25, that is a lot. 

If the fee is to be believed (4M), then Liverpool have an absolute steal. A player of International calibre for only 4M? He offers something different to Suarez or Sturridge and is a proven goalscorer at Premiership level. He has not looked put of place in his England appearances to date.

A slightly left field transfer but a very wise one for Liverpool. 

I would be worried and livid if I were a Saints fan.

I'm against the grain, this move makes sense.

Excellent signing (of course depends how much is paid). He's perfect in what he does, modern number 9. Sturridge on the right cutting in and Suarez everywhere, but starting from left.

And don't forget, last season they didn't have European games and now they simply need more players, especially English ones.

Archived