Midfield 3 for Wembley

sage

For me:            

Hughes- Thorne- Hendrick

Harsh on Bryson but that Brighton game is some of the best football I've seen us play... Don't change a winning team.    :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very hard decision for Stevie but if it was me I'd leave Bryson out he's had a top season but probably his worst performance came against Brighton in the play offs I might be wrong here but maybe the importance got to his head? Doubt it but maybe it did! Main reason I'd keep Hughes hendrick together is because you can't change a winning side hendrick has been awesome recently and Hughes was top class again I'm Sunday maybe the rest helped him! Also think Bryson would offer you a lot more coming off the bench than either of the other two!!

But tbh wouldn't care which 2 it is that play along side Thorne they are all class players

Very very hard decision for Stevie but if it was me I'd leave Bryson out he's had a top season but probably his worst performance came against Brighton in the play offs I might be wrong here but maybe the importance got to his head? Doubt it but maybe it did! Main reason I'd keep Hughes hendrick together is because you can't change a winning side hendrick has been awesome recently and Hughes was top class again I'm Sunday maybe the rest helped him! Also think Bryson would offer you a lot more coming off the bench than either of the other two!!

But tbh wouldn't care which 2 it is that play along side Thorne they are all class players

I think he was carrying an injury for a large part of that game.

As for Wembley, I think it's impossible to call it at this stage. Thorne plus 2 of them will start and the other comes on later.

One bad performance at Brighton , let's leave the player of the year out !! Thorne n Hendrick were no better and the game on Sunday was set up great for Bryso , unfortunately he was injured and will came in and scored a wonder goal but did little else , right now he's not in the same class as Bryso so means he should be on the bench , you play your strongest 11 in a game that could decide the clubs future , that means Bryso plays

Clearly Thorne has to play... Hendrick is in great form so he plays. I am going to bring out that old mantra of the big Wembley pitch and say we could do with the legs of Bryson in there. A fantastic decision to have to make and whichever combination will offer us something.

It's a difficult choice to make but I'd go for Thorne, Hendrick and Hughes purely on the basis of our last performance. I wouldn't drop any of them after a performance like that. What kind of message does that send out?

You could argue that it's harsh to leave Bryson out given the season he's had but in fairness, he could make just as much of a impact coming off the bench, especially if it's a tight game with extra-time and penalties looking a possibility.

Had Bryson not suffered his injury ahead of the second leg, I would agree that both he and Thorne would have been assured of a starting place and it would have been left to Hughes and Hendrick to stake their claim. But now it's wide open and I would say no-one, not even Thorne, can take their place for granted.

The only one i think that has to start is Thorne, from the other 3 i would pick Bryson and Hughes as its them 2 that have been doing the job for 95% of the season and with wembleys bigger pitch we have Bryson moving round for Hughes and Thornes excellent passing

For me, the selection is influenced by what wingers we pick. If we pick Russell and Ward, two runners, we need Hughes in midfield for balance. However, if we have Dawkins starting, his ability to keep possession lessens the need for Hughes.

One bad performance at Brighton , let's leave the player of the year out !! Thorne n Hendrick were no better and the game on Sunday was set up great for Bryso , unfortunately he was injured and will came in and scored a wonder goal but did little else , right now he's not in the same class as Bryso so means he should be on the bench , you play your strongest 11 in a game that could decide the clubs future , that means Bryso plays

Hello Nigel is that you?

Sorry buddy, but you don't play your strongest 11, you play your strongest team.

Patrick Bamford is productively better than Jonny Russell, but I'd definitely pick the latter because he gives the team far more balance and we play better for it.

Hello Nigel is that you?

Sorry buddy, but you don't play your strongest 11, you play your strongest team.

Patrick Bamford is productively better than Jonny Russell, but I'd definitely pick the latter because he gives the team far more balance and we play better for it.

Hello Nigel is that you?

On a park like wembley to even contemplate leaving bryso out is ludicrous , wee joey will not have slept since Monday night thinking about chasing bryso around the pitch

OMG, what a dilema..... erm Thorne, Hendrick, Bryson. i mean , Thorne Bryson Hughes... no wait.... Big pitch important 1st 30mins, 60mins... actually 95 mins, so i think all 4 will play at some point, depends on Stevie Macs tactics for the game :rolleyes:

I think that we should go with a midfield of whoever McClaren sees fit to pick, then either change it or not at some time during the game, again however McClaren sees fit.

My job's just to cheer them on.

Bit boring, really.

Archived