Midfield 3 for Wembley

sage

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Thorne doesn't start then I'll be really nervous about the game. He's the only one that HAS to play.

I'd prefer to see Hughes and Bryson.

Then Hendrick and Bryson

Hughes and Hendrick offer the least in attack usually but as we saw on Sunday it's not like you can make any combination that's not totally frickin awesome.

Barton won't mind which ones he kicks and tries to intimidate though. He'd prefer Hughes as it would make him feel like he's miles ahead of this promising wonder kid everyone bangs on about.

I would go for Thorne, Hendrick and Bryson. I know it's harsh on Hughes after Sunday, but Bryson is more suitable for the big Wembley stage. Over 15 goals from midfield this season, he has to play. What a dilemma though, a good position to be in and I feel sorry for McClaren when he has to tell one of that great midfield lot that they've missed out!

If Steve does what a good manager should do after that performance it has to be. Geoff, Will & George. Massive call to leave Bryson out though but that's football. 

I would however prefer Bryson, Hughes & Thorne if I am honest..

With the exception of Eustace, perm any three from the four and I won't be too upset.

I think it's important that we try and impose our style on the match right from the off. Possession, movement, passing. For that reason I would go for Thorne, Bryson and Hughes.

If QPR manage to stifle that and it becomes more physical, swap Hughes for Jeff. That gives us a bit more power but also doesn't remove our attacking potency.

Thorne Hendrick and Hughes.

But Steve might look how they are going in training and if Bryson is fully fit go with Thorne Hendrick and Bryson

Jeff and George are certainties at Wembley for me especially with Barton in QPR s team

Nice problem to have and Bryson would be very unlucky to miss out but in Steve I trust .

He will weigh up the opposition and see what is required.

I think it's important that we try and impose our style on the match right from the off. Possession, movement, passing. For that reason I would go for Thorne, Bryson and Hughes.

If QPR manage to stifle that and it becomes more physical, swap Hughes for Jeff. That gives us a bit more power but also doesn't remove our attacking potency.

No way Hendrick and Thorne are certain starters because they are the power. 1 from Bryson or Hughes for other spot.

No way Hendrick and Thorne are certain starters because they are the power. 1 from Bryson or Hughes for other spot.

I'd say that, given the size of the pitch, we should be aiming to make use of Bryson's movement and ability to support Martin, coupled with Hughes ball retention and passing.

To be honest, I don't think there's a "wrong" choice out of the three of them. Isn't it nice to have this problem?

I would go for Thorne,Hughes and Bryson. Think It's really close to call. Would be unlucky for Hendrick but I fancy Hughes just ahead of him because he will hold the ball slightly better than Hendrick.

Would have Hendrick coming on with 20 minutes to go. But what do I know! :)

I'd say that, given the size of the pitch, we should be aiming to make use of Bryson's movement and ability to support Martin, coupled with Hughes ball retention and passing.

To be honest, I don't think there's a "wrong" choice out of the three of them. Isn't it nice to have this problem?

No there is a wrong choice but Steve will get it right !

He will go with Thorne and Hendrick and 1 of the other 2 and listening to Simmo just on RD he's saying Bryson is ok so Hughes will be on the bench IMO to start with .

Hughes to come off the bench.

I would go for Thorne,Hughes and Bryson. Think It's really close to call. Would be unlucky for Hendrick but I fancy Hughes just ahead of him because he will hold the ball slightly better than Hendrick.

Would have Hendrick coming on with 20 minutes to go. But what do I know! :)

20 minutes to go you are joking right. Hendrick has been our best player along with Thorne for weeks. Do you want QPR to win !

The only choice is between Hughes or Bryson for the 3rd spot starter.

No there is a wrong choice but Steve will get it right !

Well I guess Sammon, Naylor and Legzdins might constitute a "wrong choice" but my point was that I wouldn't be worried seeing any combination of Bryson/Hughes/Hendrick line up in front of Thorne.

20 minutes to go you are joking right. Hendrick has been our best player along with Thorne for weeks. Do you want QPR to win !

The only choice is between Hughes or Bryson for the 3rd spot starter.

No I'm not.

Just gut feeling. Yes agreed Hendrick has been awesome. But some impish fcuker in my brain is telling me Hendo on bench, but then again what do I know!

Well I guess Sammon, Naylor and Legzdins might constitute a "wrong choice" but my point was that I wouldn't be worried seeing any combination of Bryson/Hughes/Hendrick line up in front of Thorne.

Well if Thorne and Hendrick didn't start I would be concerned and it would be a wrong choice but I sort of know the point you are trying to make .

I think your Sammon , Naylor , Legzdins analogy is flawed.

No I'm not.

Just gut feeling. Yes agreed Hendrick has been awesome. But some impish fcuker in my brain is telling me Hendo on bench, but then again what do I know!

Right ok what can I say other than I don't agree and Steve won't do it I am certain the more I think about it he will go with Thorne , Hendrick and Bryson the real engine room of the team.

Archived