Midfield 3 for Wembley

sage

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right ok what can I say other than I don't agree and Steve won't do it I am certain the more I think about it he will go with Thorne , Hendrick and Bryson the real engine room of the team.

You are probably right on reflection, just me being a t i t which isn't hard!

When does Ben Davies come back from Sheffield United...  :ph34r:

Anyway, it's Thorne and Bryson who're almost guaranteed to start - Hughes and Hendrick is almost unpickable at the minute. I thought Hughes was fantastic in the second leg, Hendrick didn't do much wrong though. 

If we're looking to impose OUR game on them, then we should go with Hughes.

If we're looking to compete on a more physical side, in a tight game, I would go with Hendrick. 

Personally, I would go with Hughes first off - it signals our intention to impose ourselves. Although, I must admit Hendrick should be made available to be brought on at any time.

Barton's going to be up to his usual dirty tricks and we all know Hughes doesn't cope that well when faced with that kind of gameplan. Hendrick will give it back just as good, not to mention the goal threat he brings.

So Thorne, Hendrick and Bryson for me.

If this was FM I'd stick with the 3 that swept aside Brighton. But it's not, so given the responsibility I'd probably piss myself and faint before I could complete the team sheet.

In reality as long as Thorne plays I'm happy with any combination of Hughes, Bryson and Jeff in front of him and won't be second guessing Schteve's selection one way or the other come 7pm Saturday 24th.

Why have we started worrying what Barton does? Its a tough call, but for me Hughes adds somthing different to Hendrick and Bryson and we keep the ball better with him and him and thorne seem to link up well.

Agreed. Barton's a very good midfielder by Championship standards, but is

a) not as energetic, as industrious or with the eye for goal of Bryson

b) nowhere near as good a passer and lacking the vision of Hughes

c) not as strong defensively as Thorne.

Taking the size of the pitch into consideration; Thorne, Hughes, Bryson.

Bryson constantly making those runs in behind with Thorne and Hughes finding much more space and time to pick him out, I reckon that could be potentially devastating.

Thorne - Bryson - Hendrick. Can see QPR being much more physical than Brighton and think these 3 would be better suited to dealing with that tactic. Definitely bringing Hughes on in the second half to get those balls in behind Hill and Dunne who will struggle if we attack with the pace we are capable of

Thorne - Absolutely no question over this. He's the best DM in the Championship and he will start.

Bryson - You can't ignore his goals and assist, he simply has to start as he's the most liekly to find the net.

Hughes - We'll need a player to keep the ball and he's the best out of it to do so.

As for Hendrick, he's more powerful but he's the sort of player that Barton would thrive upon about drawing fouls and needless yellow cards. He's excellent at the iPro, but for an away game I think he's the weakest of the three.

Archived