Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to do this, for football.  They're a horrible club with horrible fans, a bunch of mercenaries for players and the less said about their manager the better.

We've been wonderful this season, and it would be a travesty if we didn't beat them.  Pretty much every fan in the country bar QPR and Forest fans will be willing us to do it.

My only reservation is that this feels a bit like the 2007 final in reverse: back then we were well organised, solid and lucky with not much about us and WBA were the team playing great football, and we know what happened there.  I have a terrible feeling that luck won't be on our side and it's written in the stars for Redknapp to take them back up.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

*Deep breath* We can do it. COME ON DERBY.

Even some of the Forest fans on LTLF would rather us win than Arry's lot. I didn't realise quite how deeply the hatred of QPR runs.

After watching that crap last night I believe that Brighton would have beaten them both comfortably...anything can happen in football but we have nothing to fear. Krancjar, Austin Dunne were knackered after 70 minutes last night.

This is a really tough match to call. On paper we should have the edge, but I can't help but think back to our last play-off final. In that game West Brom were the equivalent of what we are now - a good footballing side, scoring for fun. And we all know what happened next. 

I can't go with anything but a Derby win, 2-1, FGS that man Martin. 

If I was a betting man, I'd say QPR will sneak it.

Kranjcar is the key for them in the middle, he's currently struggling with a hammy injury...

1-0

Austin

I reluctantly agree, I think they'll nudge it 2-1

Bryson frgs

We'll get automatic promotion next season

If I was a betting man, I'd say QPR will sneak it.

Kranjcar is the key for them in the middle, he's currently struggling with a hammy injury...

1-0

Austin

I reluctantly agree, I think they'll nudge it 2-1

Bryson frgs

We'll get automatic promotion next season

Can't help but have a negative feeling for this one :(

I don't think we will have the time on the ball to make things happen and feel that Austin will score at least one goal.

If we are to win I think we will need to score from long shots from outside area. In this regard we have a chance, we've all seen Thorne, Hendrick, Martin, Russell all hit great strikes. I also have a sneeky feeling Bamford could be the one to do it for us!!!

But can't help the sinking feeling

2-1 to QPR :(

COYR

I have also looked at that thread on their forum. They are full spite & vitriol. It is worth noting that in the last 18 seasons the mighty QPR have been in the Premier league for 2 seasons. Season before last they went up. Last season they came down. That's it, that's where all this arrogance comes from.

One guy made me laugh saying something like "we will have half the west end of London out for this one".  Yeah & we will have half the country out with us!

I think you'll find that we will have the whole of the country minus half the west end of London, half of Nottingham and Fleet Street behind us.

Rams 2 QPR 1

FGS Martin.

The sphinct-o-meter is twitching already over this one, I can't help thinking Redknapp is a jammy so and so but I remembered Granty is in the form of his life, old Eric has brought him on in leaps and bounds and so for that reason, the cockney geezers will go back to Shepherd's Bush with fack all.  :)

My worry more than anything thats niggling me is not so much if we lose, it's more can we keep the team together.

Nothing wrong with another year in championship (look at Leicester) its just will we be able to keep the midfield together? I fear losing Thorne and Wisdom if we dont go up??

I'm a barrel of positivity me :)

Archived