Lap of honour / pitch invasion

HeyHudson

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SillyBilly

Southampton was great, it broke my phone (might as well have chucked it in the Trent) which cost me half the price of a season ticket but was immense - rather that ousting of an emotional high than meekly clapping after the game - we clapped them at Wembley anywhere where the barriers were too big to get over!

SillyBilly

We're getting a bit confident eh?

What?! We're not already at Wembley? I've just Wonga'ed the money into my account.

Pitch occasions used to be spontaneous and rare. Now they are planned, formulaic (end of pretty much every season) and frankly don't mean a lot.

Would much rather have the stands rocking with the players coming around the pitch and huge amounts of chanting and noise in appreciation for the season. We won't. We'll have a pitch invasion. I find it rather embarrassing.

Attention all *****. Stay off the pitch. I have been to all the home games this season. Have you? I want to thank the players whether we make the play off finals tomorrow or not. 

Lighten up. I actually have been to every home game this season, and we have reason to go on the pitch to celebrate. In previous years of pitch invasions, they had the players come out from the top tier of the west stand to applaud the fans. You can thank the players there.

Lighten up. I actually have been to every home game this season, and we have reason to go on the pitch to celebrate. In previous years of pitch invasions, they had the players come out from the top tier of the west stand to applaud the fans. You can thank the players there.

Fine then. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years. I want the players and staff to be able to get close to the fans and do an actual lap and not have to run off the pitch because some people can not contain themselves. 

Fine then. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years. I want the players and staff to be able to get close to the fans and do an actual lap and not have to run off the pitch because some people can not contain themselves. 

We had that the last two years and the players never look interested.

Archived