Lap of honour / pitch invasion

HeyHudson

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best things I've ever seen at the Ipro was someone in a wheelchair rolling themselves onto the pitch in the absolute monsoon after we beat Southampton in the play off semis.

If we were to beat Brighton there will be a lot of emotions and I can't see people staying off the pitch!

I remember some rogue running straight at me in the centre circle, he went for the high five with me but proceeded to slip onto his arse. Then out of nowhere, several randomers proceeded to pile on. It was fantastic.

Remember my dad drifting down to the front when Idiakez was about to take the penalty, he mouthed"he will blaze this over" to me and proceeded to do this. Last image of my dad last night was him already half way across the pitch. Didn't see him again until the weekend after!

I think the club are being a little naive if they think a last minute winner will keep the home fans off the pitch.

I won't go on, but they need to take the broom sticks out the ass's (American term) and understand the elation that will be in the ground, after 7 years of watching Shhiiiiiittttte! (Derbyshire term)

To clear this up....there will be a pitch invasion if we make it to Wembley.

Considering we had one after we lost at home to Sheff Wed about 8yrs ago.......I think it will warrant it.

And regardless of my view on the rights and wrongs .......there will be one

PS ...message to stewards.....once invasion underway please do not select random fans whom you decide are not worthy of going on the pitch despite hundreds already being on their way to the away goalmouth ...CORRECTION ....why will we go to sing at the South Stand?....they will already be on the pitch!

Prediction...for once the gathering will in front of dugouts...race is on..bearing in mind West Stand will not cheat and leave their seats...

Brighton fans may get too excited with testosterone fuelled men running towards them ..:-)

I remember one season, we won late with a Hulse goal (he'd just won player of the season) and we all piled on, as safety was guaranteed. 

There'd been a lap planned but as we were all on the pitch, they just went up into the west stand where we could clap them. Much prefer if they did that.

Archived