Lap of honour / pitch invasion

HeyHudson

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lap of honour after promotion under Cox - with us behind the fences, had a much more memorable atmosphere than any pitch invasion I've been in.

Spot on, I remember how good that was too. Pitch invasion tomorrow? Not for me thanks, it'll be too slippy with all the rain

Pitch occasions used to be spontaneous and rare. Now they are planned, formulaic (end of pretty much every season) and frankly don't mean a lot.

Would much rather have the stands rocking with the players coming around the pitch and huge amounts of chanting and noise in appreciation for the season. We won't. We'll have a pitch invasion. I find it rather embarrassing.

Agreed. Good post

Fine then. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years. I want the players and staff to be able to get close to the fans and do an actual lap and not have to run off the pitch because some people can not contain themselves. 

Bloody youngster. Twenty years? You're a Johnny-come-lately.

**** invasions, I want to clap the lads round the pitch win or lose. The club has asked you to stay in the stands, so stay in the ******* stands.

Archived