Lap of honour / pitch invasion

HeyHudson

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** invasions, I want to clap the lads round the pitch win or lose. The club has asked you to stay in the stands, so stay in the ******* stands.

I bet miserable owd feckers used to say the same in the 70's.... :ph34r:

Although all rational and sensible opinion would say that a pitch invasion is silly, i can still remember the thrill and excitement of dodging the coppers in front of the Popside back in the 70's on the last day of the season. So while i personally won't be racing across the pitch i'll be tolerant towards those who do because, well, when i was 15,16,17, 18 etc i did the same.

Bollux, i did it in 2007 when i was 47 after the Southampton match, i slid on me knees right into the goal net after the penalties, , pathetic i know but feck it, 

The players can always come out in the Directors box and acknowledge the crowd on the pitch - its a great feeling being on the pitch and chanting and singing at the players and manager in the seats, cheering their waves, chanting the names......i won't be joining them but i can't bring myself to criticise those who do it - and lets be honest, they will do it. 

Its a little reminder to the corporate suits, the people who want to control everything, that football, just, is still the people's game!

And to be on the hallowed turf, somewhere you know you can't be, for the whole of the season, you sit and watch and just for that moment, when you're on that grass, your a part of it.. You're with them, smell the grass, the mud. We're in it together.

Bollux, i did it in 2007 

So did I, but that's not the point. Bah humbug. I've still got a pair of gruds drying out from that night actually.

Catch 22. Win and we're on the pitch....boooooeooo. Lose and it's a half hearted lap of honour with the sound of 3000 extremely jovial Brighton fans taking the piss...boooooooo.

Bang on for me you arent going to stop people if we win but no one well give a poo if we mess up after the match but I hope even if we mess up just hope it gets to the team and derby management including clough what a good season its been. For me one of the best three hat tricks and 85 points and loads of wins and goals

If we lose, we should stay in our seats and sing our hearts out to the players and management for a fantastic season. Absolutely fantastic team spirit about the place, the old hairs on the back of the net stuff when you see the players celebrating like they did the goals against the gumps., 

IF Jake lifts the Championship Play Off Trophy at Wembley I'll never need to watch again.

So did I, but that's not the point. Bah humbug. I've still got a pair of gruds drying out from that night actually.

Was in town earlier (saturday lunch time) and heard the Neptune is open at 8.00am for a 5.15pm kick off!!!!. Two double deckers are picking up at the Nep at 4.45pm to take the lads to the ground.

This is football. :cool:

Was in town earlier (saturday lunch time) and heard the Neptune is open at 8.00am for a 5.15pm kick off!!!!. Two double deckers are picking up at the Nep at 4.45pm to take the lads to the ground.

This is football. :cool:

Someone said - they're going to be pouring the fans on the bus....haha... love it.

I think I saw that in the paper Utch. Bacon butty and a pint for breakfast, all dayer, football. What could be better? 

Except I'd need two days to recover if I tried that now. 

Nice to see Benny Pringle tonight - with his hairband. Rotheram - went there a couple of times.  Hope they've sorted the stand out,big squash there.  Good times.  Can remember singing - 'you nearly filled a stand....fancy that.....fancy thaaat'

I think I saw that in the paper Utch. Bacon butty and a pint for breakfast, all dayer, football. What could be better? 

Except I'd need two days to recover if I tried that now. 

Its what its all about needles, its why we keep going int it? love it. These days make all the dross worthwhile, COYR,

Nice to see Benny Pringle tonight - with his hairband. Rotheram - went there a couple of times. Hope they've sorted the stand out,big squash there. Good times. Can remember singing - 'you nearly filled a stand....fancy that.....fancy thaaat'

They have a new stadium now

Archived