Play-off SF Leg 2: Derby County v Brighton & Hove Albion

CumbrianRam

Good weekend all round really. Saturday my 6ft 1 stepson took 8-23 for his local club (1st 8 wickets then the captain took him off!).

Then saw my 5ft 5 daughter out-run him in a half-marathon on Sunday cheered on by my 2 grandsons!!

Followed by this fantastic win!!!

Slight downside, the elder grandson (7) is a bit of a football wizz, but his dad would rather eat two bowlfuls of his own earwax than ever contemplate him playing for Derby.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still cant believe the goal Hughes scored!

Unbelievable tekkers!

My MOM has to be Hendrick tho. Brilliant performance.

Ready to plan a journey to our second home.

Wembley!

Up the Rams!!

Neither can some of the Brighton fans. Quite a few on their forum are convinced it was a complete fluke, and that he miskicked with one foot and got a lucky rebound off the other foot.

If you watch the repetitive clip somewhere above, the sheer brilliance is obvious.

View My Video

Can't embed it for some reason, scenes are the final whistle.

(sorry about the singing)

I cannot believe that any of our players have ever experienced anything like that before, even in their wildest dreams. Seeing it on Sky last night, they looked bemused.

I cannot believe that any of our players have ever experienced anything like that before, even in their wildest dreams. Seeing it on Sky last night, they looked bemused.

That was just for the semi final. Just been such a fantastic season in general, it's 4 or 5 long years since we've seen anything approaching competitive football. People are absolutely loving it.

Was in the directors area when they were doing the interviews, a right miserable git in his suit said "all this for a semi final, not won anything yet" and walked off. 

Re-watching the highlights now. How pivotal was Lee Grant's save from Ulloa just before half-time? If that had gone in it would have set the second half up with Brighton full of confidence.

One of the major differences between the two sides, always had confidence when Grant had to make a save

Wheras with Kuszaxkaxakaszszxs, he only made one save over the two legs and got no where near any of the goals

Russell played a part in Derby's third against Brighton on Sunday with George Thorne volleying home after the Seagulls' defence failed to clear the striker's initial shot.

The Rams, who led 2-1 after the first leg,extended their advantage before half-time with Will Hughes flicking in a Jamie Ward cross.

Were the BBC watching a different game?  :huh:

Were the BBC watching a different game? :huh:

Now I'm really confused. Ward crossed it for Derby but according to The Sun, Jamie Ward played for Brighton in the 1st leg.

We all dream of a team of Jamie Wards

In the first leg, weren't a few posters saying that Grant being man of the match and pulling off some worldy saves was proof that we didn't play very well.

However, I was thinking about that while watching this match, and all the best teams rely on their keepers to be making world class saves regularly, even against the lower league teams. They've got international super star defenders, so their goal keepers ought to be able to roll a fat one and put their feet up.

But it doesn't work like that. Having confidence that a cracking goal keeper can make the save when you need him too mean that the defenders and midfield can all push up a bit more. And, invariably, the opposition will get through, but it's alright, cos the keeper puts his cup of cocoa down and sorts it out. A good team relies on 11 players to play well.

Granty making that save yesterday just goes to show. No one will deny that we played brilliantly, but we still needed him to be on form. And hat's off to him for that.

Re-watching the highlights now. How pivotal was Lee Grant's save from Ulloa just before half-time? If that had gone in it would have set the second half up with Brighton full of confidence.

Did you notice how Wisdom appeared like a genie from a lamp to magic the ball away, as Grant must have spilled it a bit? Class.

Football is about memories. One of many highlights was the South Stand in second half inviting the West Stand to give 'us a song'. The memory was, from sitting high up in East Stand ,seeing oodles of fans across both upper and lower tiers in the WS standing up and giving it absolute everything followed by the whole ground raucously joining in. West Stand aficionados, take a bow!

Hats off too, to the East Stand. More than played their part.

Football is about memories. One of many highlights was the South Stand in second half inviting the West Stand to give 'us a song'. The memory was, from sitting high up in East Stand ,seeing oodles of fans across both upper and lower tiers in the WS standing up and giving it absolute everything followed by the whole ground raucously joining in. West Stand aficionados, take a bow!

Hats off too, to the East Stand. More than played their part.

Why do you hate the North Stand?

:p

Archived