Leeds

ChaddesdenRam

If miracle would happen and our reserves wouldn't win, it really shouldn't mean a thing for our first teamers.

Line up:

Roos (I think Lego is moving out, so no point playing him)

O'Brien-Hanson-Whitbread-Lowe

Eustace

Bailey-youngster x (not sure who would be best)

Bennett-Sammon

Thomas

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would pick my play off first 11, and rest all of them.

I would then play all of the players next in line. I want Legzdins to have some game time, what if Grant gets sent off or injured in the play offs? When did Legzdins last play a competitive match? His 90 minutes at Elland Road could be vital.

I would also want some game time in the legs of Whitbread, O'Brien, Naylor, Eustace, Bailey, Hughes, Dawkins, Bamford, Bennett and Sammon.

My team would be

Legzdins

Bailey

Whitbread

O'Brien

Naylor

Eustace

Hughes

Dawkins

Bennett

Bamford

Sammon

The bench can have some promising academy players who would benefit from the experience at Elland Road.

I'm not going, and I'm pretty sure there won't be wholesale changes anyway, but I can see the attraction of naming the reserves, taking the piss and just having an end of season kick about and very possibly beating a very average leeds team with our kids.

Can I ask a question of those advocating leaving all our normal starting XI out?

Are you going to Elland Road?

Eddie I'll be going and still think we should rest key players! Not saying we should change whole XI, but important players like Grant, Bryson & Martin etc should be rested! Our great football and results throughout the season have given us the opportunity to be ble to rest players and since the playoffs are so soon after the final game it would be foolish not to take advantage of this!!

Obviously we should still play a team capable of competing (so not all reserves/youth players), but a mix would be sensible!!

Also, Shen else do we get the opportunity to play a completely meaningless, yet still competitive match. Even if we're mid table, there's normally the question of moving up or down a couple of places. Now us the perfect opportunity to give some of our kids a brilliant bit of experience, especially with a lot if support, in a great atmosphere, on a day that is likely to involve a lot of euphoric celebration, regardless if the result, with the pressure off.

No better circumstances for a couple of youngsters to make a first team debut.

The only players I would rest would be Martin and possibly Bryson, momentum needs to be maintained. 

We could start Dawkins and Bamford for Ward and Russell and rotate them. That's fine as they are first team players and they need to keep their levels up.

Hughes should also start as he has been benched lately. These are the only changes I would contemplate, none of this play the yoof team rubbish. 

I am doing a 400 mile round trip for this so if we go there pull our pants down and get shafted, I aint gonna be happy.

Just hope non of the Rams players get sent off at Leeds with a straight Red Card as they would MISS ALL THE PLAYOFFS .

Players sometimes get wound up in games and make rash challenges and get sent off !

Look at Alonso of Real Madrid last night getting booked and is out the Champions League Final

If Derby players get injured in a meaningless game THEY WILL MISS ALL THE PLAYOFFS.

Some of the away fans who are going BEING SELFISH and wanting to see the first team in a MEANINGLESS game why ! The reserves are very important to Derby County it's a squad game.

Brilliant chance to play the Reserves.

Just hope non of the Rams players get sent off at Leeds with a straight Red Card as they would MISS ALL THE PLAYOFFS .

Players sometimes get wound up in games and make rash challenges and get sent off !

Look at Alonso of Real Madrid last night getting booked and is out the Champions League Final

If Derby players get injured in a meaningless game THEY WILL MISS ALL THE PLAYOFFS.

Some of the away fans who are going BEING SELFISH and wanting to see the first team in a MEANINGLESS game why ! The reserves are very important to Derby County it's a squad game.

Brilliant chance to play the Reserves.

Should we just keep em indoors then? Might break a toe in the supermarket? No training?

I bet if you asked the players what is best for them and their preparations, they would say play..

What's Alonso got to do with anything.. Was THAT a meaningless game? Oh no it's a Champions League Semi Final.. Stupid challenge I grant you.

Should we just keep em indoors then? Might break a toe in the supermarket? No training?

I bet if you asked the players what is best for them and their preparations, they would say play..

What's Alonso got to do with anything.. Was THAT a meaningless game? Oh no it's a Champions League Semi Final.. Stupid challenge I grant you.

The game was over when he got booked there was no way back for Bayern they needed to score 4 goals at the time Alonso got booked when Real where 3 up on aggregate with the away goals.

Wigan will rest players for sure this Saturday and will be fresh if they have to play the Rams in the playoffs Semi Final .

Yes wrap them in cotton wool for sure these Playoffs are worth 100 million pounds to Derby County and a spot in the Premier League

Think Simmo said something on the radio the other day about how you could rest a player on a Saturday only for them to pick up an injury in training on the Sunday, so I think they know it's a 6-to-one-half-a-dozen-to-the-other decision.

I'd rest a couple of the key players where we have adequate cover (without having to dip into the youth team) and perhaps look to make some HT changes as well, depending on how things are going.

Grant

Wisdom

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes

Bailey

Dawkins

Sammon

Bamford

No need for the surging, forward runs of Hendrick/Bryson so having 2 decent ball playing midfielders and a DM should suffice. Make a few changes at HT to keep the legs fresh.

Think Simmo said something on the radio the other day about how you could rest a player on a Saturday only for them to pick up an injury in training on the Sunday, so I think they know it's a 6-to-one-half-a-dozen-to-the-other decision.

I'd rest a couple of the key players where we have adequate cover (without having to dip into the youth team) and perhaps look to make some HT changes as well, depending on how things are going.

Grant

Wisdom

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes

Bailey

Dawkins

Sammon

Bamford

No need for the surging, forward runs of Hendrick/Bryson so having 2 decent ball playing midfielders and a DM should suffice. Make a few changes at HT to keep the legs fresh.

Wigan will rest players it's also about being fresh for the playoffs!

He also said he would leave the decision to the Manager and intimated he was glad he didn't have to make the decision .

Playoffs are worth 100 Million.

What if Bucko or Keogh get sent off or injured.

Archived