Leeds

ChaddesdenRam

Youngster....!? I wish.

I am well on the wrong side if 40 but thanks.

Always liked Leeds, big club.

These things are all relative.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not a team that needs resting, we're a team that run on momentum.

Would maybe rest players who are genuinely exhausted (I suspect there will be a few) but other than that I'd go as strong as possible. Taking our best players out for the Leeds game means they will have had 12 days without a match by the time we play the 1st leg. Our record after breaks is good this year but I'd want the group to play as much as possible.

Obviously you're running a risk of injuries but I think with this particular set of players disrupting the excellent momentum we've gained as big a risk as not doing.

This will be a typical end of season game, nothing to really play for. Leeds manager is unlikely to be there for the start of next season, so all they have to play for is the fact that we have beaten them 10 times on the spin. They will probably be thinking of 2 or 3 weeks in Corsica rather than getting over competitive with Derby. I would play our full team; it is easier to keep the momentum going than try to switch it on & off. My only concern would be Martin, but he is smart enough to keep out of trouble.

yep, I have always liked them, a big club, and a "proper" football stadium.

I know a lot of Leeds supporters and the "rivalry" that is there between the two clubs is TOTALLY one sided, they don't care one tiny teeny bit about us at all.....it is even worse than the bin dippers wanting us to hate them too...... to be honest I find it totally embarrassing...

and back to the proper subject of this thread....PLAY THE RESERVES.....all of them......and go into the play off's at full strength, no other club in the play off's will be able to do this...Wembley.....!

It's true , a lot of leeds fans in switzerland say so. Mind you after 10 losses in a row they need to tell themselves it's not a rivalry.

Mind you this survey http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/2012-football-rivalry-census-results/ says Leeds fans have Man United and Chelsea as their main rivals. That's much more like - haven't lost to our rivals for ages. Must make them so happy.

For your information, my first season ticket for this club pre-dates Hector's arrival. I have ALWAYS supported the incumbent manager until the day he was replaced, then I have supported the new man. FROM THAT MOMENT.

Let me explain it to you further:

I supported Tim Ward - until he was replaced by Brian Clough.

I supported Brian Clough - until he was replaced by Dave Mackay (I did flirt with the protest movement for the first couple of weeks while Jimmy Gordon ran the show - until it was obvious that nothing would come of it)

I supported Dave Mackay - until he was replaced by Colin Murphy.

I supported Colin Murphy - until he was replaced by Tommy Docherty.

I supported Tommy Docherty - until he was replaced by Colin Addison.

I supported Colin Addison - until he was replaced by John Newman.

I supported John Newman - until he was replaced by Peter Taylor.

I supported Peter Taylor - until he was replaced by Roy McFarland I.

I supported Roy McFarland - until he was replaced by Arthur Cox.

I supported Arthur Cox - until he was replaced by Roy McFarland II.

I supported Roy McFarland - until he was replaced by TBE (I think there was a caretaker between the two - can't remember who)

I supported Jim Smith - until he was replaced by Colin Todd.

I supported Colin Todd - until he was replaced by John Gregory

I supported John Gregory - until he was replaced by Uncle George.

I supported George Burley - until he was replaced by Phil Brown.

I supported Phil Brown - until he was replaced by Terry Westley.

I supported Terry Westley - until he was replaced by Davros.

I supported Davies until he was replaced by o Paul.

I supported Jewell until he was replaced by Nigel Clough (couple of caretakers here too but they were never in the picture)

I supported Nigel until he was replaced by Steve McClaren

I support Steve McClaren

Do you know the saddest aspect of that?

I never had to look any of the managers up (at which point someone's going to tell me that I've got some in the wrong order).

Go back to the Clough / McClaren threads and see what I put there. I await your apology.

I have been through that lot too Eddie, and I don't think you've left anyone out. Well done for remembering :)

Dear Lord we've had some poor managers, especially between Dave Mackay and Arthur - at the time it just seemed like a succession of people who appeared to be a good idea initially but who quickly proved any such thought wrong as we slid downwards. No wonder we look back on Arthur with affection. He delivered.

And yet, at the time Dave Mackay was pushed we had won the league twice in short succession, done well in Europe and had some of the best players in Europe playing for us. The various boards and Chairmen since Mackay have a lot to answer for. Different overall circumstances maybe but Manure should learn the lesson.

It's true , a lot of leeds fans in switzerland say so. Mind you after 10 losses in a row they need to tell themselves it's not a rivalry.

Mind you this survey http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/2012-football-rivalry-census-results/ says Leeds fans have Man United and Chelsea as their main rivals. That's much more like - haven't lost to our rivals for ages. Must make them so happy.

Very true!! I live in Leeds (for my sins) and can tell you that the deluded scum fans believe Man Utd are their biggest rivals!

Which is quite ironic given the number of teams, including ourselves, who count them as major rivals even though they care very little! Despite being in the same situation with their "big rivals" Man Utd, a lot of who's fans couldn't even tell you which division Leeds are in nowadays!!

For your information, my first season ticket for this club pre-dates Hector's arrival. I have ALWAYS supported the incumbent manager until the day he was replaced, then I have supported the new man. FROM THAT MOMENT.

Let me explain it to you further:

I supported Tim Ward - until he was replaced by Brian Clough.

I supported Brian Clough - until he was replaced by Dave Mackay (I did flirt with the protest movement for the first couple of weeks while Jimmy Gordon ran the show - until it was obvious that nothing would come of it)

I supported Dave Mackay - until he was replaced by Colin Murphy.

I supported Colin Murphy - until he was replaced by Tommy Docherty.

I supported Tommy Docherty - until he was replaced by Colin Addison.

I supported Colin Addison - until he was replaced by John Newman.

I supported John Newman - until he was replaced by Peter Taylor.

I supported Peter Taylor - until he was replaced by Roy McFarland I.

I supported Roy McFarland - until he was replaced by Arthur Cox.

I supported Arthur Cox - until he was replaced by Roy McFarland II.

I supported Roy McFarland - until he was replaced by TBE (I think there was a caretaker between the two - can't remember who)

I supported Jim Smith - until he was replaced by Colin Todd.

I supported Colin Todd - until he was replaced by John Gregory

I supported John Gregory - until he was replaced by Uncle George.

I supported George Burley - until he was replaced by Phil Brown.

I supported Phil Brown - until he was replaced by Terry Westley.

I supported Terry Westley - until he was replaced by Davros.

I supported Davies until he was replaced by o Paul.

I supported Jewell until he was replaced by Nigel Clough (couple of caretakers here too but they were never in the picture)

I supported Nigel until he was replaced by Steve McClaren

I support Steve McClaren

Do you know the saddest aspect of that?

I never had to look any of the managers up (at which point someone's going to tell me that I've got some in the wrong order).

Go back to the Clough / McClaren threads and see what I put there. I await your apology.

The saddest part of that is if S Mc reads it he'll think **** i'm next.This bloke supports managers like

a rope supports a hanging man.

So according to you a manager only goes if he resigns,retires or dies,if that was the case we'd be in the

conference by now.

What is this all about? Typo?  :lol:

From Derby site.

No further tickets will be made available for visiting supporters. 

Derby were 3-1 winners when the sides met earlier in the season thanks to goals from Chris Martin, Johnny Russell and Will Hughes.

Fans without a ticket are advised not to travel to the South Coast or purchase tickets in the home end of the stadium at Elland Road.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-sell-out-leeds-ticket-allocation-2904-1518551.aspx#8eQASI1x5AtTU8Mu.99

What is this all about? Typo? :lol:

From Derby site.

No further tickets will be made available for visiting supporters.

Derby were 3-1 winners when the sides met earlier in the season thanks to goals from Chris Martin, Johnny Russell and Will Hughes.

Fans without a ticket are advised not to travel to the South Coast or purchase tickets in the home end of the stadium at Elland Road.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-sell-out-leeds-ticket-allocation-2904-1518551.aspx#8eQASI1x5AtTU8Mu.99

Fook sake, I was gonna travel down to Bournemouth to watch the game. What am I going to do now?

The saddest part of that is if S Mc reads it he'll think **** i'm next.This bloke supports managers like

a rope supports a hanging man.

So according to you a manager only goes if he resigns,retires or dies,if that was the case we'd be in the

conference by now.

Can you run that past me again, but in English please?

Hang about, I've just worked out what you are doing. You are trying to justify the actions of yourself and others with respect to their treatment of previous managers while they were still in the job.

Well, I SUPPORT the club. 

He's basically saying the Earth is flat and you can stick yer calculations up yer arse.

Just remembered who he is - a troll I had on 'ignore' for about a year - but then I gave everyone an 'amnesty' a bit ago so more fool me.

play the reserves...

This momentum thing is a myth, Brighton went into the playoffs bang in form and lost to an out of sorts Palace who ended up going up...

Why go to Leeds and risk it? Totally no point.

What happens if Bryson gets sent off, Martin gets injured and we lose the game anyway - what a load of crock that would be.

Well, Simmo said on the Moan In that they might ring the changes, the target being to have everyone raring to go for Thursday and Sunday.

It'd be brilliant if the game at Leeds offered up more selection dilemmas (like Bennett or Bamford bagging a hat trick)

Archived