Leeds

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As one of the comments mentioned on the link, we don't have to go too mad. We can still rest / rotate players without going for the extreme options mentioned in previous posts.

Grant > Ledz... No problem.

Martin > Bamford... central, no problem.

Thorne > Eustace.. I hate Eustace but I could live with that.

I suppose we had better wrap Ward in cotton wool.  Mind you that would probably do for his as well..

Great innit having these problems in May. I've got used to putting the cat out after we go out in the 3rd round of the cup.

As one of the comments mentioned on the link, we don't have to go too mad. We can still rest / rotate players without going for the extreme options mentioned in previous posts.

Grant > Ledz... No problem.

Martin > Bamford... central, no problem.

Thorne > Eustace.. I hate Eustace but I could live with that.

I agree, these are the sort of changes I'd be looking at if it were up to me. I'm not talking about sticking Kwame Thomas in for Chris Martin, but for the first time in ages we actual have decent cover in the squad, so why not take advantage of it?

It's the balance between protecting players and maintaining the momentum. Look at Bayern - they took their foot right off the gas once they'd wrapped up the BL and have come a cropper on more than one occasion since. Teams can't just flick a switch and start winning again once they go on a bad run or have a poor performance. Momentum is very important going into the play-offs, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the players' availability/tiredness.

That's the important balance the management have to strike here. Yes it'd be nice to beat Leeds again, but in the grand scheme of things, that's really small potatoes.

Why are you going !

Of course I'm going. I go to ALL the games (except Ipswich away in the last 6 months - I had work commitments that day which I couldn't get out of, thank goodness :lol: ).

I have no life.

My take is that I don't mind key players being rested in order to give the other squad members a game - I just think that changing everyone and bringing in the U21s would serve no purpose.

Of course I'm going. I go to ALL the games (except Ipswich away in the last 6 months - I had work commitments that day which I couldn't get out of, thank goodness :lol: ).

I have no life.

Enjoy the game.

I hope it's a good game and we come through it unscathed for the sake of the bigger prize.

Nicked off the bellylaugh:

Derby recorded 2-0 and 2-1 home victories over Leeds before they were next at Elland Road in August 2010, when Rams boss Nigel Clough had the first and last word on the day.

Clough stopped the Rams team coach 500 yards short of Elland Road and he, his staff and the players walked through the Leeds fans to the ground.

What was the thinking? “We were early,” said Clough. “So we just had a last five-minute stroll and soaked up the atmosphere.

“I don’t think many of the locals recognised us. If they did, they didn’t say anything.”

I reckon when we look back in a few years, that will be a favourite story of the Clough reign. Brilliant.

So we didn't quite play the kids in the end, but thinking about it, we were missing:

Our first choice front three (including our top scorer),

Our first choice CDM,

Our first choice AM (second top scorer),

Our first choice CD.

So we were playing with, what, 5 players who are likely to start on Thursday: Grant, Forsyth, Wisdom, Keogh, Hendrick/Hughes.

And we still came away from Leeds with a point. Not a bad effort really. We really are very, very good.

Its not out of our control

Ledz

Hendrie OB. Whitbread. Naylor

Dawkins. Bailey. Eustace. Hanson

Sammon. Bamford.

Easy ain't it.

Do you have any concept on Football.

Who is hendrie?

Archived