Time has come for Hughes

zaragozaram

Serious question what is this thread all about now.

Alpha coming on thinking eveyones against Hughes.

Who's ctriticised Hughes

Answer . Nobody.

Hendrick has played well recently so has Thorne and Bryson and Wardy. Etc.

We are in the playoffs and we will need the whole squad.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curtains,

I'm talking about the criticisms aimed at Wisdom as much as Hughes. At any of our players. They've all done their bit this season. Hughes has had his critics this year. I never said anything about on this thread but this thread has his name in the title if you've noticed.

First you said I was Buxton's mate. Now I'm Will Hughes biggest fan.

Maybe I just think they've all done a good job this year. I don't think a club like Derby can afford or attract much better than what we have. I don't think the players we have attracted could play much better than what they have.

Derby County will be a bigger name next season. Either a Championship favourite or a PL team who can sign some of the better players in European football from some countries leading clubs.

That's thanks to these players. I don't think it's right to constantly question their ability or their approach this season.

Like Martinez at Wigan. He did all he could. Neutrals would have called Wigan crazy if they'd sacked him for getting relegated. And I think if some neutrals could hear some of the stick the likes of Wisdom, Buxton, Hughes and Martin have had in the last 6 months they'd be shocked.

Nothing wrong with criticising a squad not achieving it's potential but Derby have set a new standard this season. They did that with Hughes and Wisdom. Hendrick has come in and kept the momentum going. That shouldn't reflect badly on Hughes! He's done well up to this point.

It's like Radio Derby. I listened to an away game recently and within 1 minute Ramage said these two things

"They're moving it too slowly. They've got to up the tempo. It's all too slow!"

Then

"We're just trying to score every time we get the ball. Someone out there needs to put a foot on it and slow it down. Just keep the ball!!!"

Within 1 minute he said both those. And loads of people are at it. They want us to destroy every team, every week. It's not fair. We aren't THAT good.

Look at Coconut's post in the match thread. Some guy wants us to get it forward quickly but keep possession!! Erm, if something is done at pace then it's more risky?!?!

This season has got people buzzing and it's great we expect more now. But loads of people are coming out with crazy expectation. When we were mid table nobody expected us to win the league. But now we're 3rd we must destroy everyone with free flowing attacking football!! We're 3rd! Not European Champions!!

Maybe I just look for it. But I see a lot of criticism.

This is how you laugh at clubs that get ideas above their station and sack good managers.

Curtains,

I'm talking about the criticisms aimed at Wisdom as much as Hughes. At any of our players. They've all done their bit this season. Hughes has had his critics this year. I never said anything about on this thread but this thread has his name in the title if you've noticed.

First you said I was Buxton's mate. Now I'm Will Hughes biggest fan.

Maybe I just think they've all done a good job this year. I don't think a club like Derby can afford or attract much better than what we have. I don't think the players we have attracted could play much better than what they have.

Derby County will be a bigger name next season. Either a Championship favourite or a PL team who can sign some of the better players in European football from some countries leading clubs.

That's thanks to these players. I don't think it's right to constantly question their ability or their approach this season.

Like Martinez at Wigan. He did all he could. Neutrals would have called Wigan crazy if they'd sacked him for getting relegated. And I think if some neutrals could hear some of the stick the likes of Wisdom, Buxton, Hughes and Martin have had in the last 6 months they'd be shocked.

Nothing wrong with criticising a squad not achieving it's potential but Derby have set a new standard this season. They did that with Hughes and Wisdom. Hendrick has come in and kept the momentum going. That shouldn't reflect badly on Hughes! He's done well up to this point.

It's like Radio Derby. I listened to an away game recently and within 1 minute Ramage said these two things

"They're moving it too slowly. They've got to up the tempo. It's all too slow!"

Then

"We're just trying to score every time we get the ball. Someone out there needs to put a foot on it and slow it down. Just keep the ball!!!"

Within 1 minute he said both those. And loads of people are at it. They want us to destroy every team, every week. It's not fair. We aren't THAT good.

Look at Coconut's post in the match thread. Some guy wants us to get it forward quickly but keep possession!! Erm, if something is done at pace then it's more risky?!?!

This season has got people buzzing and it's great we expect more now. But loads of people are coming out with crazy expectation. When we were mid table nobody expected us to win the league. But now we're 3rd we must destroy everyone with free flowing attacking football!! We're 3rd! Not European Champions!!

Maybe I just look for it. But I see a lot of criticism.

This is how you laugh at clubs that get ideas above their station and sack good managers.

Ok but we are just supporters that want the Rams to do well. I admit I have had to eat my words about Bucko but I do believe Steve has had a positive influence on all the Rams players technically and tactically just as he did at QPR earlier this season.

As for Hughes he's a very good player learning his trade along with many others at the Rams.

I don't think we as fans expect too much from this team we are just proud of all of them and we don't profess to be experts.

I don't know what the Rams best starting 11 is but I have my own opinions. Steve on the other hand along with Simmo etc watch the lads train week in week out and also watch what opponents are doing with scouting missions and videos etc.

We as supporters get frustrated sometimes and get annoyed on occasions with certain aspects of play in certain games and I'm sure we do have our favourite players but ultimately WE BACK THE CLUB AND ALL THE STAFF AND PLAYERS.

RAMS4LIFE.

Next season: Eustace has retired, Thorne has gone back,

Then in CM we only have:

Hendrick

Hughes

Bryson

Bailey (if he's still here, which he might not be).

3, maybe 4 players fighting for 3 places...? We'll need Hughes, regardless of what league we're in.

Then in CM we only have:

Hendrick

Hughes

Bryson

3, maybe 4 players fighting for 3 places...? We'll need Hughes, regardless of what league we're in.

Surely Eustace and Thorne will be replaced (if Thorne ain't here).

Guess Bailey is going if we get some kind of offer.

Then in CM we only have:

Hendrick

Hughes

Bryson

Coutts

TBf they're not that long really. When he's angry he leaves double line spaces between each sentence. Its a bit like taking a deep breath before bollocking someone.

I was boring BondJovi, in the last couple of weeks I've had a car crash, lost work keys, had toothache and a cold.

If I can give a bit of my misery to you lot then you're having it.

Archived