If in champ next season

Mafiabob

Not being arrogant or anything, think we would be pretty good shout for top two. Only one team I would fear if we were in championship next season, Wolves.

Just feel they will go through the divisions a la Saints and the Canaries. All the talk of a certain ex manager at a South Yorkshire club and he is doing a ok job.... Think Kenny Jacket has done wonders there. Especially with it being the first "bigger" club on his CV.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel a Norwich/Sunderland could cause issues, although I wouldn't be too worried with Fulham and Cardiff

Leeds will seriously splash the cash the summer, Forest without injuries have a good squad, and QPR may actually sign to some championship players to go along with their big time Charlie's.

Could be a very good league next season, but hopefully we get out of it this term.

I'd hate to be down here next season because the league is so tight. Couple of injuries/bad transfer window and we could finish mid table.

Just want to get up, get some cash, get a few sensible players that we stand a chance of holding onto. Yoyo if we have to. Stay up if we can. Too even down here

Every season some says "next season is going to be the hardest year for this division" and it generally stays the same.

Statistically the Championship is harder this than last on the basis it takes more points to get out of?

Anyway, I agree with your general sentiment.

I do hope QPR crash and burn next season. Forest have a decent squad, but a **** manager, at best they'll hover about where they are now. If we're not up, Wigan will be, so they're not a threat.

The teams hovering around the top 6 now will be hoping to do the same next season. But I don't see any of them challenging for top two.

So, yeah, I think, bar the newcomers coming down from the top, or up from below, we should have a pretty good shout at autos next year.

Got rid of two of our bogey clubs at least.

Statistically the Championship is harder this than last on the basis it takes more points to get out of?

Anyway, I agree with your general sentiment.

Last season there was a lull in the point total but this season has gone back to the norm.

I think if we are in the championship next season i think we will be up there again, as fingers crossed Steve will work his magic on the team, i think the board are now more committed than ever to 'the next level' and we will see movement of players in and out, hopefully Chris Evans will earn his money....

i am more worried about if we go up... :huh:

and without the major investment we will require,which im not sure will come (funding a Championship side is one thing, the Prem is another as we know! ) and we struggle.....  out will come sideshow bob and all his ilk, and there will be a cry for McClarens head, the board capitulate, we still go down with a new manager and we are back to the merry go round of managers, and mid table or worse Championship football.

So my plea to the board is - have the sense to look at the big picture before capitulating with the moaners, you put the men in place, now back them..... in every way.

Now bring on the play offs :)

To add a bit of pessimism and I am good at that,there are a couple of points of concern.The first point

is that the 3 relegated teams will have millions to spend.The second point is that we could have a

problem keeping S Mac,several underperforming teams with money will be sacking their managers

and will have noticed what he did with no funding.

To add a bit of pessimism and I am good at that,there are a couple of points of concern.The first point

is that the 3 relegated teams will have millions to spend.The second point is that we could have a

problem keeping S Mac,several underperforming teams with money will be sacking their managers

and will have noticed what he did with no funding.

Steve McClaren served his time at an 'unfashionable' club, taking Middlesbrough to the greatest achievements in their history. He has also done a fantastic job at Derby. You know that, I know that - but the fans of other premier league clubs will see McClaren and just see Schteve, the Wally with the Brolly, and their boards will listen. Until he actually wins something in England again (and something a little more than just a playoff win, for instance), he is 'damaged goods'.

The time to worry is in 2 or 3 Manchester United manager sackings, when we've landed an FA Cup or a League Cup.

You mean they are too stupid to notice what hes done here? Hope your right.

The top half dozen sides would never consider him, because they will always have the pick of the world, and that's where their targets will always lie.

At the moment, I can only think of two clubs who would be small enough to consider him, and big enough for McClaren to see a possible career enhancement - Villa and Newcastle (possibly Southampton at a push).

The guy has been to the pinnacle of the English management structure - the national team. Why would he not choose to stay at a club he loves as opposed to the likes of West Ham, Fulham and Stoke?

Just to play devil's advocate.......

If a top half prem team went all continental in structure, say someone like Spurs maybe, and had a Director of Football dealing with all the comings and goings and wanted a Head Coach to solely concentrate on tactics and working with the players, someone with Premiership experience at a big club, someone with proven coaching skills, someone who has experience of International football, someone who has worked at the top level in Germany, Holland as well as England..........

The champ is pretty poor this season. Only 5 good teams in it.

We've already beaten Hull's 79 points to finish 2nd last season, and 2 wins will match Cardiff's 87 to win it - suggests its a lot less competitive. Leicester with the same squad from last season have gone from sneaking 6th to walking the league.

Expect it to be a bit tougher next year - one of Qpr/Wigan will still be here, the 3 relegated teams plus sides like Bournemouth will invest heavily in the summer and strengthen

Archived