Derby County v Watford

CumbrianRam

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved it today - had a ball. Should have been out of sight at half time though.

Deeney - what a scrote - scored and mouthed "too easy".........hahaha - yes it was, thanks.

not sure how ward got MoM - although he was ok.

Agree with JW  Hendrick for me.

(Thorn was good again)

People ringing / texting in at half time, I would guess. Ward was on fire in the first half, Jeff not so much, but Hendrick dominated the second.

Great performance overall today. Well worth the 3.75 hours it took to bloody we'll get there from Yorkshire! Who the hell manages the Little Eaton roundabout works? He should be strung up.

Anyway, Thorne and Hendrick joint mom for me today. Nice to see JH get some goal scoring plaudits. Robbin Savage on 606 said Hendrick and Bryson to start in the playoffs ahead of Hughes and on today's performance I tend to agree. Any thoughts?

Great performance overall today. Well worth the 3.75 hours it took to bloody we'll get there from Yorkshire! Who the hell manages the Little Eaton roundabout works? He should be strung up.

Anyway, Thorne and Hendrick joint mom for me today. Nice to see JH get some goal scoring plaudits. Robbin Savage on 606 said Hendrick and Bryson to start in the playoffs ahead of Hughes and on today's performance I tend to agree. Any thoughts?

I think that you (and Blobby Salvage) are spot on.

27 shots today, highest since the 32 against Yeovil I think

Shame only 8 of those actually hit the target

Shame only 4 of those went it

We have to be more clinical, especially in the first half when Hendrick's goal was about out 8th shot and first on target

I'm complaining about not scoring more that 4 goals, feels dirty

Being more clinical is what players get paid 100k a week get paid for. We are in the Championship.

That said, we can at least start by finishing 1 on 1s and penalties.

Ward had a perfect chance in a 1 on 1 and had a weak as anything shot straight at the keeper

My thoughts lie somewhere in between what everyone else has said. However, the thing that impressed me today was our ability to find that third/fourth gear when needed and really put Watford to the sword.

I thought Forsyth was magnificent today, was really chuffed for him when he got his goal and then... He got slightly carried away, lost this concentration and landed us in the ****. You could see his reaction after they had celebrated, he was stunned. He switched back on and carried on his early good work. I think it came at a good time.

Jeff Hendrick was brilliant today, he added a lot of quality - the likes of which I haven't seen from him before. He is growing into the player many hoped for two years ago. 

The attacking trio were brilliant, really superb - some of the play left me in awe. 

And George Thorne. He would have seen us finish second, no doubt in my mind. Let's see what he does for us in the play-offs anyway. 

Great performance, a few lapses in concentration but overall very good. 

After the first few times I saw Thorne play, I thought he looked like the player Hendrick could be if he had a few more brain cells. It's starting to look like some of Thorne's play is rubbing off on him a bit. He played really well today.

Oh, oh, oh, someone else behind me today also decalred that "We're still lacking a natural goalscorer"

In a way, that's utterly ridiculous, because we're the TOP SCORERS IN THE LEAGUE

But in a way... Watford could not have complained if we'd scored 9 today, we get into so many good positions and we do waste a lot of them! We've won plenty of games with 4, 5 goals to our name, we've also missed so many penalties... so in a way it's correct!

We're the top scorers by one goal but we 'should' actually have 100+, which would be utterly ridiculous!

Martin has 23

Ward's proven

Russell's clearly a good finisher and hasn't had a full season (I sound like a Forest fan but if it wasn't for the injuries he would have got around 15)

Bamford is Bamford

Bryson's got 16 from CM

Hendrick has 3 in 2 games

But that's England, if you don't have 2 strikers on 30 goals a season you'll always need that 'natural finisher'

Can't wait till we're in the prem - instead of waiting till midnight, for Manish's Leicester love in - we can tune in to Gary's an hour or so earlier.......whoo hooo

Can't wait till we're in the prem - instead of waiting till midnight, for Manish's Leicester love in - we can tune in to Gary's an hour or so earlier.......whoo hooo

we'd be the last game , on mot'd , guaranteed

Archived