Derby County v Barnsley

CumbrianRam

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the idiot behind me again, slagging off Buxton, Wisdom and Martin all game (and pretty much everyone else on occasion), shouting at them to hurry up and rush everything - you'd think we were losing 2-0 the way he was going on. :rolleyes:

Bloke genuinely said, after Martin had gone down when losing his balance, 'if he does that again I'd take him off, he's too top heavy'.

It was the first half.

Agree, he played very well. Just why stop?

Keeping the ball with less than 2 minutes to go, this wasnt many breaking their neck to keep up with him, and you there was no way barnsley could score without the ball.

Did the right thing, no extra points for getting a third, however 2 at risk had he lost the ball

Keeping the ball with less than 2 minutes to go, this wasnt many breaking their neck to keep up with him, and you there was no way barnsley could score without

Did the right thing, no extra points for getting a third, however 2 at risk had he lost the ball

Soz Leeds, I disgree. I reckon he could have kept going but ever so slightly froze.

He who dares.

Bloody weird game, surreal how many times we seemed to be bound to score.

We were absolutely fantastic today, really full of confidence and ideas; looked like scoring every time we went forward. Forsyth and Russell were tearing them apart down the left and both had good games. Russell did have about 3 golden chances that he missed (including the penalty) and got a flukey goal, but they all count. Hendrick was immense, same with most of the team. Ward was very unlucky not to score and Dawkins looked himself when he came on, skipping past players

Awfully frustrating decision by the ref to blow for half-time as we were about to bloody score, raite pissed me off as they could have nicked a point at the end.

I tell you what - I hope the play-offs don't go down to penalties. We look shocking when we take one. Martin is the only one who looks confident and that's because he always saves energy in case he needs to take one!

I said he'd go to the keepers left and it would be saved - it's the side he always goes to.

PistoldPete2

Thought Hendrick was fantastic today.

Yes was MOTM. Thought we should have been 3-0 up when the ball crossed the line. Really could have been 6-0 the number of shots we had.

I just about managed to suffer my way through the second half of weeds vs florist. Forest barely had a kick and leeds barely had a shot. One of the worst displays I've ever seen by professional footballers.

Barnsley lost 1-0 at home to that shower of ****.

They must be abysmal.

Thought we were poor for our standards today. Many passes went missing, the communication between players wasn't there, the urgency was non existent, the crosses were either well under hit or well over hit. Yes we had many shots but Barnsley are a very poor side, however without 4 or 5 top class saves from Grant they could have had a few goals themselves. Granted their keeper made some good saves, the Forsyth header off the line and the poor penalty from Russell but we should have had it dead and buried by half time. Leicester or even Burnley would have won that game very comfortably 4 or 5-0, definitely not clinging onto a 2-1 win. If I were a Barnsley player/manager/fan, I'd be very dissapointed that we hadn't got at a point out of the game.

Had the idiot behind me again, slagging off Buxton, Wisdom and Martin all game (and pretty much everyone else on occasion), shouting at them to hurry up and rush everything - you'd think we were losing 2-0 the way he was going on. :rolleyes:

He was only there because City weren't playing. He was probably at the King Power Saturday lunchtime...

Honestly, every team has more than its fair share of d!ckhead fans.

Just get a bad omen about playing forest in the playoffs, something will undoubtedly go wrong...

What? Like you'll only score four against them, instead of five?

Part of me wants Florist to go up, so they can go straight back down with fewer points than Derby did that time. But part of me wants what someone on the Foxes Forum said: "In all fairness, I really hope forest get in the play offs, win their semi final, come from 2 goals down to equalise on the 90th minute, go one up in extra time..... BEFORE LOSING ON PENALTIES."

Nice thought?

We created loads of chances and on another day it could have been 5 but this team seems strangely reluctant to engage top gear.

I thought hendrick was superb in the first half.

He seemed inspired to show Thorne that he could play a bit.

The final ball was a bit hit and miss from start to finish.

Wardy wasn't really at the races but wisdom was getting forward well . Indeed he could have scored.

We still dont seem to have learnt from previous penalty misses.

We havent got a clue how to take a penalty.

Hopefullly that won't cost us.

But a good game and decent reception for Tommy when he came off.

Archived