Doncaster Rovers v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many aberdeenshire rams are there? Sounds like a top place to watch, especially if those tunes are on after!

We gained a new recruit last night, Mr Camper Van Man, a great bloke, which makes the Aberdeenshire Rams a total of 7 blokes, not including anyone's family wife's, partners kids etc which would push it into double figures.

Those bands were playing whilst the game was on, I chucked £3 in the jukebox, they don't bother having the commentary on for games, which is actually quite good, so you can have a good sing a long whilst still shouting at the telly. Up the rams.

That's fantastic mate, congratulations.

Any chance of you all supporting England in Brazil? :cool:

When what freezes over? :D

I'm English and so are a few others, so on the basis that I went to Portugal to cheer them on in the Euro Championships etc I think the hell that you are on about has well melted!

Hoping to get up to Muespach proportions one day. Though should perhaps confess two of us were born in the South Scotland border town of errr...Belper. And every one a Strummer fan.

2tups we have a new recruit. Great bloke turned up last night wearing his Derby County Ram pin badge proudly and introduced himself, in the Banks of Ury, Camper Van parked not far away, just in case he had more than 1 beer! He got to use the Camper Van to the max!

5 guys out last night including my elder spiv brother that was throwing his money away on Bet 365. He had on 2-2, then he took Donny at 4/1. The best bit was when the advert came on at half time on the telly, next scorer 7/1 Martin, and a couple of us said good price, get on board, but he didn't listen!

It all became a mad chase last night, we settled down in The Banks of Ury, met our new recruit, and then they changed the channel, Aberdeen game was on BT Sport and they couldn't show 2 channels on different screens, quickly downed Ale, went past Edwards looked through the window Aberdeen game, tried Butchers pub, Aberdeen game, walked up to The Black Bull and the main man gave us the back telly and a nice cozy area to enjoy the game and listen and watch my spiv brother wave his arms around to some shocking dance music. Finished the night off in The Weatherspoons, ale festival on, so various drinks were enjoyed, including myself enjoying a couple of extra large bottles of Kingfisher, what with the extremely sunny day it was, well it was just like being back in Goa enjoying the life!

Grant closed Theo down and the fleet-footed one tried to trap chip it over him. 

There were a couple of times that Donny tried to play Theo in one-on-one against Bucko, but the Buckmeister just cleaned the situation up without any fuss at all in classic Buckenbauer style.

yes, now I remember! Was looking forward to watching it again but unhelpfully the missus, a Newcastle fan who is decidedly off football at the moment, "forgot" to tape the match!

edit: for you youngsters "tape" refers to recording the game onto the hard drive of that box that sits underneath your telly.

yes, now I remember! Was looking forward to watching it again but unhelpfully the missus, a Newcastle fan who is decidedly off football at the moment, "forgot" to tape the match!

edit: for you youngsters "tape" refers to recording the game onto the hard drive of that box that sits underneath your telly.

If your sky box is on demand enabled, down load it off there matey.

The stats said that we had 3 goal-scoring chances and scored twice.

Doncaster had one goal scoring chance......Was that the one by Keogh??

I went quite hot as that trickled back ONTO the goal line!

(Could be the Men-Oh-Pause, of course)

They had Theo's chance and propably even better was that free header. Can't understand how he (?) managed to put it wide.

And then of course Keogh's blackout.

Thorne's chance wasn't as good as those what they had, Martin's wasn't easy either. Great to have such quality...

PistoldPete2

I was impressed with ward last night, great assist and great turn of pace when needed.

btw, anyone of you watching on sky hear his naughty language?

Yes and yes. Would have been a classy goal from his chip if not for great save from their keeper who looked impressive all night.

And no apology for his language needed , it was a rubbish foul on him.

I don't know why Keogh was trying to blame Grant?

If he expected Grant to be there, then he passes without looking, so either was he is wrong.

He should have just apologised, not gone on a long drive forward and pass it straight out, for then to turn back and have another go at Grant.

Anyway, no own goal, so no matter.

I don't know why Keogh was trying to blame Grant?

If he expected Grant to be there, then he passes without looking, so either was he is wrong.

He should have just apologised, not gone on a long drive forward and pass it straight out, for then to turn back and have another go at Grant.

Anyway, no own goal, so no matter.

Grant was completely in the right, moved out of his goal so if he were to mishit, or miss, the ball it would only go out for a corner

Pretty comfortable win for me - first half was pretty dull, we maybe shaded it but Rovers best chance was the backpass that Grant got to just in time.

Second half - eased them out of the game comfortably. Thought Thorne was the stand out in the centre of the park & Buxton was his usual imperious self. I was a bit concerned when Theo came on but even when Theo got a yard on him late on, Jake still dispossessed him relatively easily.

I was sat in with the Donny fans close to the away stand so was well placed to judge our away support. I thought we were great - was pretty jealous looking at all the singing & jumping around going on in there :( Totally outsang the Donny support too although the early exchanges of songs were quite amusing. Not sure why they were doing the conga later on though.

Archived