Doncaster Rovers v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Routine, we barely lifted a finger but put a tricky home side to bed; that's a sign of class.

I'm starting to see how professional we are now, against 'Uddersfield we just controlled the last 25 minutes, limiting the opportunity for slip-ups. We did the same as soon as we scored the 2nd last night, we're learning to see games out each time and I think it stems from the Birmingham game. It's a lot less exciting (for example getting a free-kick in a very advantageous position last night and deciding to instead pass it back and keep possession rather than give away possession) but a lot more effective. Also conservative of energy now we're coming towards the end of the season.

Thorne is absolutely class, I thought some people were getting slightly carried away about him on here but he really is exactly what we need in that position. His mobility and through balls are just something Eustace will never have again in his career. Thorne's playing about one key splitting pass each game (Assist v Hudders, last night for Bryso, for Bamford penalty against Forest and assist for Bryson against Blackpool) and is giving us a whole new weapon while still doing the gritty stuff Eustace did. Brilliant.

Ward was also excellent last night, really unlucky with that chip last night and a fantastic assist anyway. Russell also played well but didn't have much going his way due to the poor 1st half. I'd like those two to start against Baaarnsley.

Good night, good atmosphere and a good result 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your sky box is on demand enabled, down load it off there matey.

I've got Virgin Media, I've tried playing about with it but no dice  :(

But now I've had another play around, I've found it - turned out I was looking in the wrong place all the time. Boycie, I owe you a kiss (in a manly, footballing kind of way)  :)

I think he's trig to come over all leaderish and keep everyone focussed. Bit ostentatious about the show of not getting carried away for me, but fair do's it might play well in the squad.

Apparently he was delighted!

Thorne, who has now started seven games in a row for Steve McClaren’s side, was pleased to find the net with an important strike and also maintain his impressive form in a Rams shirt.

He told Rams Player: “I was delighted with the goal because it got us in front at an important time.

“It was only my second career goal as well so it was nice to enjoy the feeling.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/thornes-goal-delight-200414-1498054.aspx#KIjPuC6Ps7uBxcwz.99

I like the casual non-celebrations, Le Tissier was a master of it. Score a fabulous goal most can only dream of, and then stroll back totally unconcerned.

Beats pole-dancing with the corner flag. Mind you, I do like those backward triple somersaults from a standing jump you sometimes get.

anybody witness lakeside drama?

apparently Donny youth or perhaps a bunch of schoolkids who had just finished their homework challenged derby drinking outside pub just before game

Yes.

One Derby fan walked over to basically tell them to their face that when they were big enough they would be too old. Hardly drama - more like young bucks trying to stand up to the stag. The missus and I walked straight through the middle of them heading to the ground - she could have taken them on her own.

Yes.

One Derby fan walked over to basically tell them to their face that when they were big enough they would be too old. Hardly drama - more like young bucks trying to stand up to the stag. The missus and I walked straight through the middle of them heading to the ground - she could have taken them on her own.

I know the fella that went over to them, He wouldn't normally say boo to a goose when sober, Which on a matchday isn't very often. But he did walk over and tell them to bring it on if they were feeling brave, But to remember that around 500 Derby fans would soon back him up. They decided not to bother.

Archived