2nd is back on !!!!!???

jimbobram

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley fan here, utter garbage and bitterness here. We play hoof ball? that is nonsense, we mix it up very well and play through the units quickly, with all different options. The game between us at TM this season wasn't the best and we were average at best, but like all the good sides do, we deservedly took home the 3 points and found a way to dig in and win when not at our best. 

Under Dyche we have played some of the best football I have seen us play in my lifetime, football that surpasses the football we witnessed under Coyle (which was also very good.) Okay yes, once or twice this season we have had an off day and have lumped it too Vokes to often, and it's no surprise that in the games we have done that, we have lost (Huddersfield away, Leicester at home)

We're not a team suited too long ball, Ings isn't good in the air neither is Barnes.. stop judging us based on an average 90 minutes against yourselves and to say we was a long ball side at Pride Park when we beat you 3-0, embarrassing and obviously bitter. 

Enjoy the play offs, new manager syndrome has worn off and your results have took a hit, was only a matter of time before you faded and us and Leicester ran away with promotion.

Good post Burnley.

You fully deserve to be where you are. Its a long hard season in the championship and over 41 games so far you are entitled to be where you are.

Bit of a moan about the match at TM would be about the ref, certainly not Burnley's fault. 

Like LCR said above, B4 sees things a tad differently than others, so pinch of salt needed!

Good luck in the prem, hopefully we'll join you through the play offs - but if not, we have a season to look forward to winning more games than we lose and another crack at promotion. :)

Burnley deserve second and good luck to them. That Burnley game at TM was always going to be crucial, and the only thing that rankles its that the game was spoilt as a genuine contest by a stupid decision by the ref. If we'd won that game the season would probably still be alive now for 2nd spot. We must remember though, that we would only have been 1-1 if the ref had called it right and could easily have lost anyway.

Arguing about style is pointless. Its the league table that tells you what you deserve, everything else is window dressing.

What for speaking the truth of the matter look I am sorry for upseting a burnly fan but I think we have played better football over course of the season and our goals have proved this.

if we have played better why aren't we second? points that count look at stoke 

I think you lot play some very nice stuff, and I'm impressed and hope you win in the play offs!!
But I'm struggling to see how ''we play better football than you'' amounts too us playing hoof ball. 
Anyhow like I said, I think you will do it and certainly hope you do (hope you beat QPR in the final 10-0)

What for speaking the truth of the matter look I am sorry for upseting a burnly fan but I think we have played better football over course of the season and our goals have proved this.

B4, we have played better football than Burnley, at times. we have played better football than Leicester, at times, but we have not played well enough over the course of the season to gain more points than them. 

We have played some brilliant stuff for 20 mins, more often than not its been enough to win a match, we are just not quite consistent enough. We have a young team and a great chance of keeping the nucleus together and having another bash next season.

If we don't go up of course!

I think you lot play some very nice stuff, and I'm impressed and hope you win in the play offs!!

But I'm struggling to see how ''we play better football than you'' amounts too us playing hoof ball. 

Anyhow like I said, I think you will do it and certainly hope you do (hope you beat QPR in the final 10-0)

Nobody thinks you do. Except B4, and I think you've got a taste of what he's all about.

Good luck to you - been very impressed by the way Burnley have kept going this season when everyone expected them to drop off.

Oh and thanks for Jason Shackell, I know you guys said he was good... never thought he'd be this good!!! Without him we'd be nowhere near 2nd, absolute rock at the back.

Alright, don't rub it in... :lol:

Nowhere near as good as Bucko though.  ;)

And you on.the cheap he was worth at least 4m and you got him 1.1m a joke.

I wouldn't argue with that, certainly one of the better centre halves in the league.. snip at £1M.

What do you guys make of Grant? hated by most of our fans, a good shot stopped but a flapper from crosses and a real lack of communication.

I wouldn't argue with that, certainly one of the better centre halves in the league.. snip at £1M.

What do you guys make of Grant? hated by most of our fans, a good shot stopped but a flapper from crosses and a real lack of communication.

As said by many on here-ignore B4.

Good luck next season, hopefully we will be joining you in the promised land, with all those massive games, the trips to Stoke, Leicester, Sunderland, Southampton, Swansea all get the hairs on the back of your neck standing up don't they......and who can forget the Monday night game away at Crystal Palace....!

Seriously though, you will be fine next year, just as we will be too, the Premiershite has never been so weak.

As for Shackell.....well, wait until he starts, well just wait until the rumours start flying around about him. Good player though, just his personality didn't fit at Derby.

Probably a fair assessment of him during the early part if the season but since Eric Steele has come in as GK coach, he's transformed. A lot more commanding and confident in the air, whilst retaining his shot stopping abilities. Very impressed with his growth.

Just to echo others in here, congrats on your season. You and Leicester have certainly been the better teams. Hopefully we'll be in the PL with you next year.

As much as we're all kissing Burnley's bum, I wonder what the league would look like if it started at the Ipswich game when Steve first came in?

All pure speculation, but it's interesting to think that maybe, if we had Steve since the start, we'd be talking about 1st still being on.

PS I am a big Clough fan, so don't start, but I'm pretty sure the form table from Steve's start put us second last time I looked (but that was a couple if weeks ago).

So when you say Burnley are the better team over a season, that's true, but you're effectively comparing them to two teams. When compared just against Steve's team, I think we are the better team.

So **** Burnley I say. What the **** is this ******* Burnley love in all about anyway :)

Archived