Liverpool/Gerrard/Title

sage

Maybe but the city is a cesspit, a big chunk of their local fan base is unparalled vermin and their captain/manager is the vilest person in pro football today and that really is saying something, plus they get unprecedented help from refs. Come on Mourinho, your football is boring but with Fergie gone you are the only one to keep them down. City may be loaded but they bottled it.

It was very moving today.

The vermin in this cesspit came together in respect and in sadness for those it lost 25 years ago.

The anger that resides in the hearts of these people is aimed at those that lied and accused. None of whom have ever been brought to justice.

The anger is for another day.

Today is why this city is so great. I'd rather live here than wherever you are.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vermin in this cesspit came together in respect and in sadness for those it lost 25 years ago.

The anger that resides in the hearts of these people is aimed at those that lied and accused. None of whom have ever been brought to justice.

All of those that lied, Or just the ones that don't support Liverpool?

There must have been a lot of people calling in sick today...?

I wasn't old enough to remember the Hillsbrough tragedy...

But IMO it's massively over talked-about in comparison to other tragedies around the world, and far far bigger ones.

One article on the BBC over the last couple of days quoted a former Liverpol player as saying 'No other city would have quite dealt with it the way that Liverpool has'

What does that even mean?

I wasn't old enough to remember the Hillsbrough tragedy...

But IMO it's massively over talked-about in comparison to other tragedies around the world, and far far bigger ones.

One article on the BBC over the last couple of days quoted a former Liverpol player as saying 'No other city would have quite dealt with it the way that Liverpool has'

What does that even mean?

The Grobbelar interview? I read that, some good parts to it but that bit left me shaking my head.

The Grobbelar interview? I read that, some good parts to it but that bit left me shaking my head.

Yeh, some parts were really moving.. But others, I just don't understand.

Did the tragedy change him? "Everybody changed from that day onwards," he says. "It didn't shatter just Liverpool fans. It shattered a city. I don't think any other city could have handled it the way Liverpool has, or could have done as much."

On Tuesday, the city and the wider world will pay tribute to those whose lives were irrevocably changed at Hillsborough. After 25 years, the families of "the 96" are gettingcloser to a resolution.

It's this that I don't really understand.

Why did this event shatter a city when other, far bigger tragedies just get shoved under the carpet. It's spoken as if Liverpool were the victims of an earthquake which killed thousands and destroyed homes.

And I really don't want to sound disprespectful, but why should Hillsbrough get special notice with things like 'the world will pay its tributes' etc.. when far bigger tragedies worldwide have happened and not get spoken about.

You would know as I'm not in England but on boxing day was there a minute silence for the 200,000+ people who lost their lives in the Tsunami? Was that mourned and spoken about as much?

Did the tragedy change him? "Everybody changed from that day onwards," he says. "It didn't shatter just Liverpool fans. It shattered a city. I don't think any other city could have handled it the way Liverpool has, or could have done as much."

On Tuesday, the city and the wider world will pay tribute to those whose lives were irrevocably changed at Hillsborough. After 25 years, the families of "the 96" are gettingcloser to a resolution.

Why did this event shatter a city when other, far bigger tragedies just get shoved under the carpet. It's spoken as if Liverpool were the victims of an earthquake which killed thousands and destroyed homes.

And I really don't want to sound disprespectful, but why should Hillsbrough get special notice with things like 'the world will pay its tributes' etc.. when far bigger tragedies worldwide have happened and not get spoken about.

You would know as I'm not in England but on boxing day was there a minute silence for the 200,000+ people who lost their lives in the Tsunami? Was that mourned and spoken about as much?

Totally agree. No there wasn't anything. Maybe it is down to the fact that it is still under investigation. If the investigation doesn't come out with the outcome that the families want. Will they keep going until they do?

Tragedies will always be remembered closer to home - that's just how humans are, it doesn't say anything much about scousers, or our media.

The Hilsborough Disaster is remembered as it is because it is a climax. It did change football forever, rightly or wrongly. It changed the way it was watched and the way it was policed.

There is obviously something terrible about nearly a hundred football fans innocently turning up to a football match and never coming home - and for it to happen in such a painful manner, in such a needless fashion, and having been let down by the emergency services.

But there's something much wider going on here, in that we remember the fact that football as it used to be died on that day. Fans, the football authorities, the government - they all got it wrong for so long that is resulted in that tragedy, which on reflection, was inevitable - as if events before it weren't enough of a warning.

It took 96 fans to die one one day for the changes to happen.

It is entirely correct that football remembers the disaster and continues to fight for justice on the matter. Does that mean that other tragedies have been swept under the carpet? Not at all.

Totally agree. No there wasn't anything. Maybe it is down to the fact that it is still under investigation. If the investigation doesn't come out with the outcome that the families want. Will they keep going until they do?

And, of course, no one is allowed to say it, but what "outcome" do the families all want exactly...?

And, of course, no one is allowed to say it, but what "outcome" do the families all want exactly...?

the truth would be nice.......and if that had of come out 25 years ago then the grieving would be a more private affair rather than the continuing campaign for justice it has become now.

the truth would be nice.......and if that had of come out 25 years ago then the grieving would be a more private affair rather than the continuing campaign for justice it has become now.

Do they want the whole truth? Or the truth that lays all the blame with the authorities and none at the door of any of those loveable scallys.

Do they want the whole truth? Or the truth that lays all the blame with the authorities and none at the door of any of those loveable scallys.

All comes down to why did they change officers statements, why did they have a meeting and decide to blame the fans before they had investigated........the ****** irony of the event is that a small portion of the blame may well have fell on the fans if the authorities hadn't instigated a cover up - we'll probably never know for definite - but the scared, little men who were more interested in protecting a working class hating government are the ones to blame for the horrendous lies that were spread later that day.

How do you define 'the truth'. At what point do you draw a line under it and say, now we have the whole story. And could they take it if it doesn't land all the responsibility at the door of the authorities, or will they insist this is still not the full story and continue until the 50th year anniversay.

PS I would argue that the blitz shattered Liverpool more than Hillsborough.

But I get what Andy says, in that locality, it matters. A Forest fan at work even adhered to the silence, because some of her family were there. But I don't really see why anyone else in the world should give more than a passing ****.

What's done is done, and it was tragic. Changes have been made because of it. We now live in a better world because of it. We move on. Ships sink, planes explode, bombs go off, **** happens. We learn, and we move on.

Until, of course, it happens to my family, in which case I will expect the whole world to mourn with me.

Considering Taylor in his report laid little blame if any at all on the fans, and blaming the failures of the emergency services says a lot to me. Also makes me wonder why some people want to constantly paint all Liverpool fans as scum.

I think the families wanted to know;

The truth that fans were left to die because ambulances weren't allowed onto the pitch.

To know the contents of the illegally altered witness statements.

To know why the original inquest ignored events after 3:15.

It's never been about blame, it's been about finding out the truth, the truth that was hidden

Archived