Team name.

TroyDyer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's another thing. Squad numbers. There is no mistake that the best hockey players, Gretzky and king mario were 99 and 66 respectively.

No top player will ever wear uninspiring numbers like 9 or 7.

That's probably best left to another thread.

Robbie savage wore 44

PistoldPete2

I see your point. But again I don't see a zebra as a particularly popular animal among the 5-17 year olds market.

Although a corner could be called a zebra crossing.

That's a PR goldmine.

Zebras are popular with kids. Dont fancy our chances in our next game v the Lions tho.

Thinking a Ram isn't a particularly popular animal. Especially among children.

Think maybe we are missing a trick marketing wise.

On the other hand, a penguin is a very popular creature.

If we became the Derby Penguins, we could keep the team colours and stadium seat colour.

I have written to John Vicars. Will let you know his thoughts, and probable time of implementation.

Thoughts?

Just asked my 9 yr old his opinion on changing from the Rams.

He said 'what a rubbish idea. Shut up'.

Just to let you know ;-)

I think we need to sort the kit out one way or another. The fact that it is more white than black is pretty racist.

My cat is black and white by the way, so we could name the team after him. He's called Tiddles

Come on you tiddles!

I like it. I had a black and white dog called 'Biddy', maybe we could somehow combine the two.

I think we need to sort the kit out one way or another. The fact that it is more white than black is pretty racist.

My cat is black and white by the way, so we could name the team after him. He's called Tiddles

Come on you tiddles!

Or postman Pat's cat.  C'mon you Jessies.....Maybe not.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, I think Rammie is particularly marketable for the kiddies. Doesn't he rank #1 or 2 for mascots? Although I've said before, we should steal the Rams Home Loans (in Australia) Ram.

And, let's be honest, for the more adult kiddies who work in the tabloids, how could we live without the potential headlines when Derby play PNE?

Archived