Wisdom Two Goals

sage

I'm watching a lot of people who's views I respect, telling me Wisdom is brilliant and has been a rock.

He got better second half yesterday but that's now 3 games where I've seen Sunday league defending from him, he's an absolute sucker for the ball inside and has been caught out at least a dozen times that way since he got here.

I'll admit I'm not a massive fan of loans anyway but all I see here is that we're getting Wisdom ready for Liverpool, we're letting him make his mistakes now, we're letting him learn through experience and we're taking all the risk.

He's going to be some player if he learns to stop letting his man drift inside of him, but he's going to be some player for someone else and not for us.

I know we're third and he's had some decent games but I can't shake the fact that he's got it in him to be able to have an absolute stinker.

His stinkers are worse than anything I ever saw from Brayford or even Freeman.

Unlucky or not, to watch him crawling on his knees trying to get his balance made me squirm.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's difficult for modern full backs. They need to be in-field to support the centre halves and stay inside their wingers, but then hugging the touchline to offer attacking threat in support of the midfield. When they get crosses in they catch the eye, but when they go missing, often because a pass to them goes astray, they get stick from the crowd. Wisdom is a strong young player who needs help and guidance from his captain at centre half. If he goes forward, Eustace or Thorne (whoever plays defensive midfield) needs to have an eye on cover. The first goal looked bad because he stumbled but there were plenty of chances to stop the goal after that. 

I think we should also be looking at the way in which our midfield defends which is far from impressive.

Admittedly didn't go to the game, but from the highlights he didn't look to have the best of games.

Crawling along the floor for the first goal. maybe wondering what the fackwit ref was going to give. 

Let Kightly runs yards behind him until Bucko came to the rescue. 

It was Wisdom's man who had the initial free shot for the second goal.

What do you guys think?

Over-rated,

Wisdom hasn't been very good recently, I think it's just a small blip. Sometimes it's easy to forget he is twenty and Hughes has had more 'blips' than him this season - so nothing to worry about.

I will be honest and say, the gulf in class between him and Brayford is so very small though. Bray should have come back.

Wisdom hasn't been very good recently, I think it's just a small blip. Sometimes it's easy to forget he is twenty and Hughes has had more 'blips' than him this season - so nothing to worry about.

I will be honest and say, the gulf in class between him and Brayford is so very small though. Bray should have come back.

i never saw Brayford knock as many players off the ball like Norman does.

Agree apart from Brayford.

Brayford had an entire season of being pants. His first and last were a really high standard. The second one was poor.

See I think you could make a highlights reel of Wisdom's errors and make him look a donkey. But the entire rest of the time he's not dealing with situations in a routine way, he goes about it classily. He finds passes and runs and gets the best possible result from any situation. He just does switch off and look poor in isolated incidents. There's been a few lately.

I'm not desperate to like him either. I never wanted him here.

Saw him play in the PL at RB and thought he looked awkward and shakey. Always taking the hardest route out of situations and it'll be only a matter of time before he's caught out.

Now that's probably the thing I enjoy about him. How he turns poor situations into good opportunities. I accept the occasional switch off as he is young and must learn to be a better player.

Weird really.

I watched him against Blackpool I think it was and couldn't believe he was playing at this level. He looked just a class above.

But on Saturday he was poor. Agree entirely with Ronnie, a sucker for the ball inside as he was caught out by the only (and ridiculously obvious) pass possible - which they would have scored from had it not been for a brilliant Bucko challenge.

I noticed he ball watched alot against Burnley and was completely oblivious to Kightley's runs in behind him. If Burnley had Xavi or Iniesta in midfield they would have simply channeled all of their through balls behind Wisdom and subsequently tore us a new one.

Is he even a right-back? He has tonnes of ability, but he showed he has massive flaws (due to inexperince) in his game.

Really wish Brayford hadn't left. He would be brilliant in this current side.

Would be great to be at Wembley in the play-offs with Cloughies team and that's no criticism of Schteeve Mac who has done really well.

I watched him against Blackpool I think it was and couldn't believe he was playing at this level. He looked just a class above.

But on Saturday he was poor. Agree entirely with Ronnie, a sucker for the ball inside as he was caught out by the only (and ridiculously obvious) pass possible - which they would have scored from had it not been for a brilliant Bucko challenge.

I noticed he ball watched alot against Burnley and was completely oblivious to Kightley's runs in behind him. If Burnley had Xavi or Iniesta in midfield they would have simply channeled all of their through balls behind Wisdom and subsequently tore us a new one.

Is he even a right-back? He has tonnes of ability, but he showed he has massive flaws (due to inexperince) in his game.

Under no pressure against Blackpool, his is great on the ball, fantastic passer of the ball, rarely gives it away. As a defender though he hates going head to head against any winger, every time looks really uncomfortable. Centre-half, no way would I want to see him there, Eustace role possibly, I could see him playing that well as he gets more experience.

In this league I think Brayford was a better full-back but Wisdom would have more chance should we go up. Liverpool gave him a good contract but then went cold on him, now Flanagan is ahead of him and to be fair looks a much superior defender, he may become available but he will be on some serious money.

I agree he is over-rated by many fans, possibly because most only go to the home games and he tends to be under more pressure in the away games.

Archived