Cloughs signings

PistoldPete2

Clough signed some good players, Such as Bryson and the Lord Bucko, He also gave the youth a chance and saved us a hell of a lot of money by playing the likes of Hughes and Hendrick instead of buying players of the same quality.

But i think most of us can agree that at times, He was not the tactical genius that we wanted running the team.

We played some fantastic football at times, But could be equally as bad the very next game.

He has gone and although he did sign some duffers and also seemed to have a problem with certain players, I for one thank him for stopping the rot, Balancing the books and for signing some of the players that are now doing a great job under a different manager.

He has moved on and it's time we all did the same.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how can anyone say that clough hasnt made some very good signings

the team we are watching and getting exited about is clough s  team

the only player brought in is dawkins

with jacobs being sold all other players are loans paid for by john brayfords transfer money

McClaren doing a good job coaching hence title head coach 

sir Jake Buxton  -beckenbower bucko -legend

a guy with a big heart and a manager  who believed in him

just one of many players in this team that needed their careers lifted

a cheap bunch of players that is now a football team

if you cannot see what clough has done for this club

i feel sorry for you

and by the way sammon is a good player

his teamates say so  -the management say so and i say so 

and if you dont think so 

i feel sorry for you

Great lyrics, what's the tune?

Translation is technically correct, if the word does not exixt then use the original word.  The Germans don't have a word for computer, so they say/write the english :)

Now I've got to go and play a Kraftwerk album. Thanks.

Some of you Clough lovers on here are truly sad. To state as one of you did that you'd have no problem with his current team beating us is despicable. He is history and this club is a better more progressive place without him. He is owed a modicum of thanks for stabilising the team but no more than that. For those of you banging on about his signings - how many do you realistically believe will still be in the side if we get promoted to the Prem? We are challenging for promotion purely because SM and his coaching team are different class to Nigel and his back room team and are getting the very best out of a team which is, apart from several notable exceptions, relatively mediocre. If NC was still here we would be in our usual place by now - wallowing in the lower reaches with out season already over. I wish Nigel well at Sheff Utd but can we please just move on now - this misplaced hero worship of him is nauseating and unjustified.

Some of you Clough lovers on here are truly sad. To state as one of you did that you'd have no problem with his current team beating us is despicable. He is history and this club is a better more progressive place without him. He is owed a modicum of thanks for stabilising the team but no more than that. For those of you banging on about his signings - how many do you realistically believe will still be in the side if we get promoted to the Prem? We are challenging for promotion purely because SM and his coaching team are different class to Nigel and his back room team and are getting the very best out of a team which is, apart from several notable exceptions, relatively mediocre. If NC was still here we would be in our usual place by now - wallowing in the lower reaches with out season already over. I wish Nigel well at Sheff Utd but can we please just move on now - this misplaced hero worship of him is nauseating and unjustified.

Get over yourself.

For me, Clough cleared the rats out of the kitchen, cleaned the oven and bought all of the right ingredients to make an apple pie, McClaren mixed it, baked it and supplied the cream.

This is why I would have loved to have seen him move to the technical director role, bring in Mac and his team in their roles as they are now. Of course, then would have happened to Garner, Metgod etc... is a different matter. Clough did well for us, but I 100% believe we are better off without some of those backroom staff.

You sound like a 14 year old girl Eddie.

Well, your post made you sound like a pious prig - or should that be *****?

Sanctimonious ****, telling people what to think.

Not telling anyone what to think, just gets on my nerves when people are so pathetic about Clough that they suggest they wouldn't mind seeing his current lot beat us. He wasn't the saviour/genius that some seem to think. Our current performances, results and league position are down to better coaching and management than went before.

Oh and Eddie don't make it so personal mate. It's a forum of opinions, whether we agree or not.

Well, your post made you sound like a pious prig - or should that be *****?

Sanctimonious ****, telling people what to think.

He's giving his opinion, just like you do. Some are against Clough, some aren't, no need for anybody to get so angry over it just move on

oh eddie one of our most sensible posters

you can see the woods from the trees

jayram has tunnell vision he is part of the problem

they cannot see the club before clough tookover

and how he left it

vision is wonderfull and they dont have it

maclaren has often said he inherited a very good squad

its a FACT

some people cannot accept facts so we talk over old ground

ps who is management we dont have a manager

good on yer keep posting eddie

oh eddie one of our most sensible posters

you can see the woods from the trees

jayram has tunnell vision he is part of the problem

they cannot see the club before clough tookover

and how he left it

vision is wonderfull and they dont have it

McClaren has often said he inherited a very good squad

its a FACT

some people cannot accept facts so we talk over old ground

ps who is management we dont have a manager

good on yer keep posting eddie

I'm sorry Trevor but your argument lost all credibility with your first line. :ph34r:

Actually Trevor I well remember the club before NC as I've followed the Rams for 33 years. He stabilised us and deserves credit for that, but to say he left us with a 'very good' squad of players is not really the truth. In all honesty we have the weakest squad in the top 6 and the real credit is owed to SM and his team for getting the best out of the players we have so far. I don't think I have tunnel vision - the collapse in home attendances over the previous couple of seasons suggests that others felt the same about NC and company. We will just have to agree to disagree but unlike some on here, I don't feel the need to make it personal.

Not telling anyone what to think, just gets on my nerves when people are so pathetic about Clough that they suggest they wouldn't mind seeing his current lot beat us. He wasn't the saviour/genius that some seem to think. Our current performances, results and league position are down to better coaching and management than went before.

Oh and Eddie don't make it so personal mate. It's a forum of opinions, whether we agree or not.

You're right, you aren't telling people what to think.

You're telling people what you think they already think and then arguing against that!

The problem is that people don't necessarily think what you think they think.

I think you should think on that.

People have shown their appreciation, nobody has said Clough is a managerial genius!

You're right, you aren't telling people what to think.

You're telling people what you think they already think and then arguing against that!

The problem is that people don't necessarily think what you think they think.

I think you should think on that.

People have shown their appreciation, nobody has said Clough is a managerial genius!

That's what you think!

Archived