Cloughs signings

PistoldPete2

Are looking good value arent they especially the summer ones.

Grant, Eustace, Martin all free, Forsyth £200k.

Plus Buxton, next to nothing and not much more for Bryson and  Ward.

Johnny Russell hasnt had chance due to injury and competition, but he always looks lively.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny Russell hasnt had chance due to injury and competition, but he always looks lively.

You'll never get away with this :)

Clough got some good players in, no doubt about that.

Unfortuantely he was tactically inept, not helped by his loyalty to his amatuer backroom staff.

His man management skills wasn't great either.

And the one thing that really got my goat, was when we went 1 down he'd go and sulk in his chair for ages.

It's not enough just to have good players, you need someone who can motivate and coach them.

Steve has proved this.

Why can't we all just let Cloughie enjoy Sheff U and us lot enjoy the Rams and McClaren

Clough did make some very good signings and so has McClaren

In retrospect Clough has left us in good shape but we have to move on

Nigel is doing a good job now at Sheff U but he will have his ups and downs as we all do but I tell you what Nigel looks happy now and that's nice to see.

Yeah I'm know I'm just backing up what people have said but it's tactics not signing people had issue with. for example doesn't shock me that Jamie Ward has been slowly taken off freekicks and corners.

We also go for games now if we are losing or getting a draw because three points is better than one or none , sometimes it won't work but with our team and at this level it will someimes.

We gamble a bit now Nigel would always fold!

It made me laugh after their FA cup tie Nigel was still on about " I think some of the players are getting carried away they want to play a big team in the next round".

It's the same speak that used to upset me when he was here always happy with "slow and steady wins the race" and " I'll be proved right in the end".

I bet  people race past Nigel in their car and he thinks " They won't get there any quicker"!!!!!!!

Why can't we all just let Cloughie enjoy Sheff U and us lot enjoy the Rams and McClaren

Clough did make some very good signings and so has McClaren

In retrospect Clough has left us in good shape but we have to move on

Nigel is doing a good job now at Sheff U but he will have his ups and downs as we all do but I tell you what Nigel looks happy now and that's nice to see.

Very reasonable comments but not possible for some on here. It goes very deep for some reason. Strange.

I'm really sorry for you that you can't move on.

Clough is a very good manager who did very well at Derby and is now proving that at Sheffield United. He's getting them somewhere near mid-table and who knows, they might even become the first Leauge One club since I don't know when to make the FA Cup semi finals. An incredible achievement.

Any success we have this season is owed in a massive way to Clough's years of hard service with Derby.

Some on here like to focus on Clough's failings or inadequacies. Yes, he has a few but I will always think of him as being a success at Derby for turning the club from a crumbling laughing stock with awful finances to a highly competitive young and hungry squad.

Now it's McClaren's turn. Over to you Steve and keep up your great work.

Very reasonable comments but not possible for some on here. It goes very deep for some reason. Strange.

That's Football though we are all desperate for our team to do well and sometimes we arnt reasonable and that applies to Managers as well.

Supporters never know the full story and can make us seem very unreasonable at times.

Clough is a very good manager who did very well at Derby and is now proving that at Sheffield United. He's getting them somewhere near mid-table and who knows, they might even become the first Leauge One club since I don't know when to make the FA Cup semi finals. An incredible achievement.

Any success we have this season is owed in a massive way to Clough's years of hard service with Derby.

Some on here like to focus on Clough's failings or inadequacies. Yes, he has a few but I will always think of him as being a success at Derby for turning the club from a crumbling laughing stock with awful finances to a highly competitive young and hungry squad.

Now it's McClaren's turn. Over to you Steve and keep up your great work.

He was always good at bringing in players that I will agree with, just think he hadn't got what it took to achieve the next step.

I went to one of them forums pre season and to be honest he didn't fill me with confidence about what he thought the season would entail. Didn't seem to be want to be there in the first place truth be told.

As some would love him, some would loathe him. If I may sit on the fence, he was great at getting players in on the cheap. And running on a very tight budget.

His obvious failings was his tactics and man management. Also don't think he has enough truck with premier league managers when trying to sign on loan up and coming talent.You wouldn't have seen Wisdom, Bamford here or a player of that quality while he was in charge.

I fell for the romance from the beginning, I fell out of it after Crawley in the cup when I seen Alberto Bueno sitting on the bench and Ben Pringle in the starting 11.

Not really fussed how he gets on with Sheffield United but me thinks it would be carnage on here if they do go down (only a point above relegation I think). :)

Archived