if we are promoted........

davenportram

Jake 'Franz' Buxton  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucko has managed to step up to the level the team demands of him. Other players have had certain limits and been cast aside but the mighty one remains.

Obviously the step up to the Prem is a massive one, can Bucko raise his game yet again? I guarantee he'll put everything in to trying anyway. Should it not work out, we should coat him in gold and have him as a statue.

I don't understand why this question is being asked of Bucko specfically.

Every player in the match day squad is currently a good Championship player and every one of them will need to step up and prove they can cut it in the PL.

If (when?) we go up, they all deserve a chance and they all need to prove themselves.

He's stepped up at every time of asking, and continued to surprise everyone.

He definitely deserves his chance. I suppose this is being asked about Bucko specifically because he's come further than anyone else, can he come further still?

What an inspirational story though. Similar to Lambert. From the bottom to the very top. It gives hope to all lower league footballers.

I hope he can make the step up... I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams... I hope.

I suppose this is being asked about Bucko specifically because he's come further than anyone else, can he come further still?

Devil's advocate for a moment, but I'd say that's all the more reason to not be concerned about him. Like you say, he's already proved he can up his game when faced with better opposition (and did so when Chelsea came to town as well), so we know he can push himself and rise to the challenge. Other players seem to cope well at this level but have never really been tested.

Not trying to pick yet another Buxton-shaped argument on here, but I'm just curious as to why we're having this conversation about him specifically when there are other players who, in my opinion, are far more likely to struggle in the PL.

Archived