Vince McMahon buying Newcastle ??

ramexpat

Can you smell what the Toon are cooking? World Wrestling Entertainment owner Vince McMahon apparently can, and he’s allegedly gearing up (again) for a Newcastle United takeover bid.

That’s right – the WWE supremo is supposedly ‘sniffing around’ the Magpies after news reached him that Mike Ashley wants to tombstone his stake in the St James’ Park outfit.

A Newcastle source told British website Winner Sports: ‘Vince McMahon has been sniffing around the club and seems keen on pursuing his interest.

‘He sees England as an untapped market for his wrestling empire. He has even indicated he could put on wrestling bouts at St James’s Park

‘Obviously it is very early days but there is hope the fans may get what they want with Ashley leaving. Buying a club like Newcastle would throw him into the spotlight in England which is just what he is looking to do.’

The news is likely to hit Toon fans like a flying elbow-drop off the top rope, but this isn’t the first time McMahon has been linked with a move for the Magpies, and just like back in 2011, it’s expected that club officials will brand the story as nothing but ‘nonsense’.

Still, that hasn’t stopped Twitter users envisaging one hell of a line up for Newcastle next season under McMahon’s rule.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/18/vince-mcmahon-eyeing-up-shock-newcastle-united-takeover-bid-4308064/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think the americanisation of half time entertainment etc. at the iPro is bad, wait til the WWE rolls into Newcastle.

To be fair though, I think Vince would hav a pretty good go at making it fun, if you like that kin of thing, which I do. Imagine him teaching all the players various catch phrases. Imagine Savage under Vince MacMahon's tutelage, the ultimate heal, he'd be England's Edge.

In all for this, bring it on (as long a he doesn't touch Derby, it'll only be fun to watch from the outside).

I hope he gets rid of his just a tad exaggerated swagger, he might get took a little bit more seriously..

As far as being a business brain goes though, wether or not you enjoy WWE, you can't argue with what he's built so he's doing something right.

As long as he doesn't fetch that arse Wade Barrett from Manchester with him I'm not fussed. Hope he brings Seamus instead.

Archived