Never beat a team in the top 6 until last night

TopRam

On the radio last night before the game they mentioned us not beating a top 6 side this season.

They might not be top 6 anymore but Blackpool were 3rd or 4th and brighton were 6th? When we beat them is we have beat teams that were in the top 6 whitest we played them!

Just annoys me when people say we haven't

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one of those contrived stats that proves whatever you want it to prove.

Correct, we hadn't beaten any of the CURRENT top 6. But to say we hadn't beaten any team that had been in the top 6 at the time we played them is just wrong.

Just read an article by "loft for words"  QPR fan articles- where they are saying that the only top 6 side that

they had beaten was us in the home fixture.

Also said they were outplayed out-thought and outmuscled, best performance by a lone striker (martin)

this season!!!

Great read.

Just read an article by "loft for words" QPR fan articles- where they are saying that the only top 6 side that

they had beaten was us in the home fixture.

Also said they were outplayed out-thought and outmuscled, best performance by a lone striker (martin)

this season!!!

Great read.

Have you got a link for it?

It shows a remarkable take on the game, a few head scratches..

He commented on harry not doing his homwork and then went on to say that's what we've been doing for weeks under McClaren..

It was remarkable how different we actually played to our normal selfs in my opinion.. we just simply haven't won like that this season, not since forest away last season..

and I thought they were definitely more thuggish than us, but obviously different people see what they want too..

That's a great read.

"...Mobido Maiga who contributed so little he probably should have been charged for admission."

I've always wondered why Maiga is playing in the PL. Now I can start wondering why he is playing in Championship.

Loved the article, thanks for the link.

"Two men of questionable hairlines..."...Unkind; too true but unkind.

it's a really good and funny article isn't it, especially the bit about Barton.....he really is "just a **** Robbie Savage"... that must have hurt him hearign that sung.. haha

Very interesting article from the opposition perspective. It's true, QPR looked completely useless in the first half, stood off us and let us play.

It's funny that they write that Derby were physical and out muscled QPR. I saw it as, they gave it to us, we gave it back. Hardly our natural game but in light of a few flaky performances against strong sides we clearly wanted to show that we'll not be bullied.

We are a tiny side in comparison to most but it's nice to know that even the likes of Hughes can put themselves about and not shirk that challenge.

Interesting stuff, hopefully they will crumble from this point.

Very interesting article from the opposition perspective. It's true, QPR looked completely useless in the first half, stood off us and let us play.

It's funny that they write that Derby were physical and out muscled QPR. I saw it as, they gave it to us, we gave it back. Hardly our natural game but in light of a few flaky performances against strong sides we clearly wanted to show that we'll not be bullied.

We are a tiny side in comparison to most but it's nice to know that even the likes of Hughes can put themselves about and not shirk that challenge.

Interesting stuff, hopefully they will crumble from this point.

If Hughes can add that kind of fight to what he usually is, he'll be most complete midfielder England has ever produced.

Archived