Never beat a team in the top 6 until last night

TopRam

I was astonished to read that the entire QPR team bar 1 were 29 or older.

Yeh it's absolutely crazy, discounting loanees, we only have 3 players in our entire squad that are over 28 and one of them is Ben Davies. If we can keep our side together, the best is yet to come in my opinion.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it correct that QPR had no players in the starting line up, that have scored more than twice this season?!?

Well, of their entire team, only Charlie Austin has scored more than 3 goals (currently on 15), with Matty Phillips on 3. A trio of players with 2 goals and then a bunch on 1. So not only did they not have a single player in their starting line-up, they didn't have one in their named 16. In fact, their entire named 16 have only scored 18 goals between them, only 1 more than Martin. 

Good article that, although I agree with one of the posters on the comments section that he over egged Derby a little; we weren't that good, but then we didn't need to be. I'm still on a high about the performance to be honest, totally different from games like Yeovil where we are flying in shots from everywhere.

Having to be patient, physical, organised, well disciplined mentally and physically, shows a maturity to the side that belies its youthful looks.

Archived