Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

sage

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a specific position! a DM is a recognised position in football as is CB, LB, LM, ST, etc   you can have four CM's or whatever you like depending on your formation, the DM position is for teams that like to play counter attack i.e Derby! it gives protection to the back four whilst allowing time for the rest of the midfield to get back and defend as they will be pushed higher up the pitch for quick attacking football. It stops teams being able to counter on us whilst we play a higher line and the fullbacks bomb on. Hughes struggled in DM as did Hendrick because it is a completely different position to CM with a completely different set of tactics and way of thinking 

For crying out bloody loud, Hughes wasn't played as a defensive midfielder - he was played as a deep-lying playmaker with the responsibility to collect the ball and basically orchestrate the play going forward. You think that because he was picking the ball up from Buxton and Keogh he was a defensive midfielder? Give me a break.

no transfer deadline day will be complete without an out of the car window interview with 'arry

Have you seen Harry's quote on the BBC match preview:

QPR boss Harry Redknapp: "I like Derby. I remember them under Brian Clough at their old ground, which was a mud bath at this time of the year. Their fans are brilliant, they never faltered.

"I thought Brian's son Nigel did a good job and now Steve is carrying on the good work."

It reminds me a lot of Drederick Tatum before his heavy weight championship fight with Honer Simpson:

"I like this Simpson guy, I have nothing against him, but I'm definitely going to make orphans of his children."

Drederick has an excuse, he's a caricature in a cartoon. Harry is just a ****.

Archived