Defensive Problems

Cam the Ram

I think McClaren will tighten up v QPR. And I wouldn't be suprised to see it backfire. It did last time we played them. We spent the first half playing scared and we were dog *****. Second half we grew a pair, QPR created a couple of chances but Derby looked like they might get something as oppose to the first half where we didnt deserve our scrappy goal.

Hope you're wrong but I can see that as a possibility. It's "400 miler" for me too so I hope we go at them.

I watched the QPR V Burnley game yesterday. Here we are, slashing wrists because we let in 3. They both did the same! And excuse me, but that was with the much loved Shackell, Dunne and Hill on show too! Just shows that sometimes, there isn't an answer if a team wants to concentrate on attack and score goals. Let's remember that Steve was lauded as a great defensive coach by Harry when he joined us and gave him the credit for keeping them so tight at the back.

Everyone breathe in...and out.  It's going to be a very long season and we're going to let more goals in...and we'll score quite a few too :)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the goals and none of them were the cb's fault.

The first two were midfield players not tracking runners or helping full backs, just ball watching. For the last one there was no-one in front of the near post for a corner and Wisdom got beat to the cross.

The first two were midfield players not tracking runners or helping full backs, just ball watching. For the last one there was no-one in front of the near post for a corner and Wisdom got beat to the cross.

So for the 3rd after it came back off the post after arguably Wisdom not defending the near post corner who was the first to react then who defended the 2nd ball in the middle of the goal. For the 1st why did their scorer have a free header . Even for the 2nd after Grant saved superbly who was defending the 2nd ball. Just asking Sage.

Watch it again and come back when you can hold a pitchfork.

Get a loan RB in and play Wisdom at CB, we'd improve a lot if we did that. He's our best defender by a mile but not a great attacker, would make more sense to have him in the middle of the field. Still gives us the option of putting him at RB when we're facing trickier wingers (e.g. Phillips or Hoilett against QPR) but he's a CB and from what I've seen ffom him for the England U21's a pretty good one at that.

Whether you'd play him with Bucko or Keogh is down to Mac, but I don't think Wisdom would have got shoved off the ball by Ishmael Miller on Tuesday night...

So for the 3rd after it came back off the post after arguably Wisdom not defending the near post corner who was the first to react then who defended the 2nd ball in the middle of the goal. For the 1st why did their scorer have a free header . Even for the 2nd after Grant saved superbly who was defending the 2nd ball. Just asking Sage.

Ok agenda boy, here we go.

How is Wisdom's man beating him to the ball and hitting the inside of the post (ie nearly scoring) 'arguably' Wisdom's fault?

Macheda was the first person to react, though to be fair the ball bounced straight to him. It would be a little harsh to blame the person marking him, but if you insist, it was Bryson.

Their MIDFIELDER had a free header because our two MIDFIELDERS Bryson and Hughes were stood 2 metres away marking no one, despite having enough time to pick him up. The CB's were marking the CF's and 6 yard box as you'd expect.

On the highlights you don't see Grant's save, but from the commentary it appeared to go straight out to Burke. Burke was held up by Forsyth (LEFT BACK) out wide in the box. IF a winger is held up then comes inside a full back, they are channelled into MIDFIELDERS or WINGERS to make a tackle or apply pressure. This didn't happen.

Now, unless you want Buxton not to mark their CF or CB and instead be the first defender at a corner or mark one of their poorer headers of the ball because he is standing a yard away from Grant, or leave a CF who is 5 yards out in the centre of the goal to mark a CM who is 8 yards out and at the near post, or leave his CF run past Bryson to tackle the winger Forsyth is marking, I would ask if you have ever tried dropping the anti Buxton (or indeed anti Clough by proxy) agenda just once in a while and actually come to a view of a game that isn't pre-determined?

Just asking Curtains,

Ok agenda boy, here we go.

How is Wisdom's man beating him to the ball and hitting the inside of the post (ie nearly scoring) 'arguably' Wisdom's fault?

Macheda was the first person to react, though to be fair the ball bounced straight to him. It would be a little harsh to blame the person marking him, but if you insist, it was Bryson.

Their MIDFIELDER had a free header because our two MIDFIELDERS Bryson and Hughes were stood 2 metres away marking no one, despite having enough time to pick him up. The CB's were marking the CF's and 6 yard box as you'd expect.

On the highlights you don't see Grant's save, but from the commentary it appeared to go straight out to Burke. Burke was held up by Forsyth (LEFT BACK) out wide in the box. IF a winger is held up then comes inside a full back, they are channelled into MIDFIELDERS or WINGERS to make a tackle or apply pressure. This didn't happen.

Now, unless you want Buxton not to mark their CF or CB and instead be the first defender at a corner or mark one of their poorer headers of the ball because he is standing a yard away from Grant, or leave a CF who is 5 yards out in the centre of the goal to mark a CM who is 8 yards out and at the near post, or leave his CF run past Bryson to tackle the winger Forsyth is marking, I would ask if you have ever tried dropping the anti Buxton (or indeed anti Clough by proxy) agenda just once in a while and actually come to a view of a game that isn't pre-determined?

Just asking Curtains,

fair enough but I disagree with you end of story.

PS Lets just not bother with CBs anymore because in your world they are clearly not needed lol

Buxton is crap.

If we are gonna do anything we need to cut the crap.

If not this season I'm certain Steve will identify the chink in our chain by the end of the season.

So, we're in the play offs comfortably and Buxton has 29 league appearances.

We've played 29 games but he's the one who's not good enough. Not only not god enough, he's an oaf.

I still can't work out how you've got away with it for so long.

We've played 29 games but he's the one who's not good enough. Not only not god enough, he's an oaf.

Got away with what?

You are right he has played all those games.

How many clean sheets and how many goals have we conceded and how many have been soft and avoidable with better defenders?

Arguably we could put anyone at centre back and we would be in top six with our attacking play. But sometimes you need your defence to deliver....

Surely you are fishing for a bite.

You don't actually think Buxton is an oaf and has been bad this season?

Surely you are fishing for a bite.

You don't actually think Buxton is an oaf and has been bad this season?

Read his post.

It's McMuffin calling him an oaf.

My comment is that we are where we all wanted to be at this stage of the season, yet McMuffin is still spinning it so that Buxton in't good enough to get us where we want to be.

My comment is so far away from havign a go at Buxton that I can't work out why you think I'm fishing for a bite.

Got away with what?

You are right he has played all those games.

How many clean sheets and how many goals have we conceded and how many have been soft and avoidable with better defenders?

I can't believe you've got away with acting like a cock for so long.

**** this

**** that

***** the other

Oaf this.

Can't you just post normally, or is that below you?

You said Buxton isn't good enough to get us where we need to be. As far as i  can see you must be wrong, because we sit comfortably where we want to be.

Where are we in the table and how many of the 29 games has Buxton played?

Read his post.

It's McMuffin calling him an oaf.

My comment is that we are where we all wanted to be at this stage of the season, yet McMuffin is still spinning it so that Buxton in't good enough to get us where we want to be.

My comment is so far away from havign a go at Buxton that I can't work out why you think I'm fishing for a bite.

Ah ok i get you, my bad. 

I can't believe you've got away with acting like a cock for so long.

**** this

**** that

***** the other

Oaf this.

Can't you just post normally, or is that below you?

You said Buxton isn't good enough to get us where we need to be. As far as i can see you must be wrong, because we sit comfortably where we want to be.

Where are we in the table and how many of the 29 games has Buxton played?

I'm the cock

From the Derby fan who gets a semi when we lose so you can have a pop at McLaren!

I don't like you so I think we should leave it at that before we say anything we regret eh?

Archived