Defensive Problems

Cam the Ram

I'm the cock

From the Derby fan who gets a semi when we lose so you can have a pop at McLaren!

I don't like you so I think we should leave it at that before we say anything we regret eh?

Again you drag it down to such a level that it makes me want to spew. You've just got no class McMuffin.

I don't care whether you like me or not, if you keep calling our own players I'm going to have a dig back.

Again you're so blind that you're pushing an agenda from me that doesn't exist. Find me the "pops" I've had when we've lost.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the last few game highlights are on you tube.

Have another look at them because I can't see where it shows Buxton is out of his depth??

I can see where our captain gets muscled off the ball by miller and where a man utd player has a nightmare against leics.

Bucko isn't on a pedestal for me but this season, he's been solid but unspectacular and is derby through n through. I dont think he deserves the Shiite mcchuffin has been dishing out

Get a loan RB in and play Wisdom at CB, we'd improve a lot if we did that. He's our best defender by a mile but not a great attacker, would make more sense to have him in the middle of the field. Still gives us the option of putting him at RB when we're facing trickier wingers (e.g. Phillips or Hoilett against QPR) but he's a CB and from what I've seen ffom him for the England U21's a pretty good one at that.

Whether you'd play him with Bucko or Keogh is down to Mac, but I don't think Wisdom would have got shoved off the ball by Ishmael Miller on Tuesday night...

Can't agree with that Wisdom is a calm player on the ball but as a defender he is not great, under pressure he doesn't convince, no way would I consider playing him at centre-half. We need a better centre-half and left-back, most fans can see that, I suspect we haven't got the money to get the players we need in. Buxton has been more consistent over time than Keogh, he certainly makes less errors, Keogh has played a lot of his career at right back, possibly he could play there again.

I think Thorne coming in at CDM is going to see a change in our defensive fortunes. Apparently he's alot more defensive minded than eustace and not to mention younger and fitter. He should be able to snap up these players attempting to run at our back four and ease the pressure. I can see him starting against QPR and I hope he does because if we can restrict them and frustrate them as much as possible we've got a great chance. I've got a good feeling we'll be fired up after the Brum result

McLaren said he'd hoped that Keane would have stayed and fought for a starting position. This suggests that he still views central defence as being short of competition so maybe we'll see another loan come in (not sure when the emergency loan period kicks in).

If it happens or Whitbread comes in (probably at Bucko's expense), we will all have our views as to whether it would be the right decision but it doesn't excuse the nasty, vindictive criticism spouted by McMuffin against one of our own players. Our highly experienced manager has consistently selected Buxton so surely he can't be as bad as some have suggested?

It's quite simple really, McMuffin hates Nigel Clough to an unhealthy degree.

Buxton is strongly associated with Nigel Clough, more so than any of his other signings.

Therefore with Clough gone, McMuffin hates Jake Buxton more than anyone else at the club.

Is anyone actually expecting to be able to reason with the irrational?

All the last few game highlights are on you tube.

Have another look at them because I can't see where it shows Buxton is out of his depth??

I can see where our captain gets muscled off the ball by miller and where a man utd player has a nightmare against leics.

Bucko isn't on a pedestal for me but this season, he's been solid but unspectacular and is derby through n through. I dont think he deserves the Shiite mcchuffin has been dishing out

Spot on Nookie, inadequacies attributed to Buxton are mainly caused by him having to cover for those around him making errors, Wisdom and Keogh are suspect when under pressure from a skilful, speedy opponents, Forsyth is suspect due to his lack of defensive ability and is more suited to a midfield role.   Eustace is too ponderous and due to his lack of speed is prone to giving away unecessary fouls.

40 goals conceded in 29 games needs remedying, digitum extractum Mr McLaren.  ;)

Can't be bothered with a new thread for it, but just to look at attack for a second...

Since McClaren came in we've only failed to score in 1 out of 19 league matches. (4 clean sheets)

Over the season we've got the 3rd best record in that department... although unfortunately Leicester and Forest are the two above us in that sense when you include both McClaren and Clough's reigns. (Clough 3 in 9) (1 clean sheet)

Archived