Defensive Problems

Cam the Ram

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about man city

And Barcelona.

Didn't go to match so this may be an inaccurate summary so I apologise in advance.

Eustace was part of the team that got us into a 2 goal lead in the first instance, what seemed to be our problem was as a team we didn't close the game out. Had they not scored the 2nd then we would have gone to win the game at a canter, however instead we tried to score a fourth and was caught out, to blame an individual was IMO not the problem.

We will learn though, and will be a better team as a result of this.....I hope

I just got in from work, long day... hey ho, but i had to watch on my phone the text updates and couldn't believe , we had let a 2 goal margin sli[ in the last 15 mins !

I said in a recent post after yeovil that people should blame the right players... if blame is their game ?

I didnt see the match obviously, so will be interested to see the reports, but the question on my lips is this QPR people i know put their early form and clean sheets down to McClaren, and say that their recent lack of clean sheets is cos he's gone, we started to tighten up, but of late have conceeded a fair few ? is it the players not doing what the Mac says or are they not good enough ?

Again as for Eustace, it easy to criticise, but who has been the alternative ? He's the cog that allows Hughes/Bryson/ etc to do what they do, and he was free ! At the time an astute piece of business by NC and still a vital cog, he aint perfect, but he does make a difference as we see when Hendrick replaces him, Hendrick cant//doesnt do what Eustace does and visa versa.

As for people saying about  Thorne replacing Eustace only an hour ago.... wasn't he stretchered off ? and may be out for weeks.... but we cant blame Eustace for the goals from what i saw ?

Now, tell me the real POV from someone who was there.. recently. Is it positional or players, or as their 3rd today, just the way it goes...( well i know yeovil's wernt)

I just got in from work, long day... hey ho, but i had to watch on my phone the text updates and couldn't believe , we had let a 2 goal margin sli[ in the last 15 mins !

I said in a recent post after yeovil that people should blame the right players... if blame is their game ?

I didnt see the match obviously, so will be interested to see the reports, but the question on my lips is this QPR people i knoow put their early form and clean sheets down to McClaren, and say that their recent lack of clean sheets is cos he's gone, we started to tighten up, but of late have conceeded a fair few ? is it the players not doing what the Mac says or are they not good enough ?

Again as for Eustace, it easy to criticise, but who has been the alternative ? He's the cog that allows Hughes/Bryson/ etc to do what they do, and he was free ! At the time an astute piece of business by NC and still a vital cog, he aint perfect, but he does make a difference as we see when Hendrick replaces him, Hendrick cant//doesnt do what Eustace does and visa versa.

As for people saying about Thorne replacing Eustace only an hour ago.... wasn't he stretchered off ? and may be out for weeks.... but we cant blame Eustace for the goals from what i saw ?

Reply from Curtains

Brum player Thorpe was strechered off. Thorne was unused sub for us.

I didnt see the match obviously, so will be interested to see the reports, but the question on my lips is this QPR people i know put their early form and clean sheets down to McClaren, and say that their recent lack of clean sheets is cos he's gone, we started to tighten up, but of late have conceeded a fair few ? is it the players not doing what the Mac says or are they not good enough ?

As for people saying about Thorne replacing Eustace only an hour ago.... wasn't he stretchered off ? and may be out for weeks.... but we cant blame Eustace for the goals from what i saw ?

Now, tell me the real POV from someone who was there.. recently. Is it positional or players, or as their 3rd today, just the way it goes...

Buxton gets away with murder everyone loves the oaf for some reason (oh yeah he scored against Forest! Please!)

So basically everyone will try to twist/blame on every goal we concede on anyone they can pin it on be it a ball in the box (fullbacks fault for letting cross in but turn a blind eye to marking from CB to giving it away a minute or two before from midfield or up front when our hapless CB gets done or pace with either through balls through the centre/Chanel's or players running at him.

Pace none

Height none

Positional sense too deep

Let's balls bounce in own box

Fouls and gives free kicks in dangerous areas

And Barcelona.

Didn't go to match so this may be an inaccurate summary so I apologise in advance.

Eustace was part of the team that got us into a 2 goal lead in the first instance, what seemed to be our problem was as a team we didn't close the game out. Had they not scored the 2nd then we would have gone to win the game at a canter, however instead we tried to score a fourth and was caught out, to blame an individual was IMO not the problem.

We will learn though, and will be a better team as a result of this.....I hope

I know just a bit poo today. Steve took ages to come out after bet he went ape ****. we needed the points with the games coming up but okay. Hope thorne comes in people saying eustance just gets walked past but bamford lost the ball for the 2nd goal. just got to think loads of games left and lets beat qpr and then wed have three we didnt expect. When we win its as a team should be the same if we get beat.

Buxton gets away with murder everyone loves the oaf for some reason (oh yeah he scored against Forest! Please!)

So basically everyone will try to twist/blame on every goal we concede on anyone they can pin it on be it a ball in the box (fullbacks fault for letting cross in but turn a blind eye to marking from CB to giving it away a minute or two before from midfield or up front when our hapless CB gets done or pace with either through balls through the centre/Chanel's or players running at him.

Pace none

Height none

Positional sense too deep

Let's balls bounce in own box

Fouls and gives free kicks in dangerous areas

You have guts you might need a tin hat now but I agree .

Whitbread should get a chance.

It is mainly the way we play. We keep bombing forward, committing men. Their second goal was us getting caught on the break when we were 3-1 up with 15 to go.

It's the price you pay to a certain extent.

However, Thorne should replace Eustace as the game gets more stretched.

Just said similar in the Matchday thread.

It's a team game. We don't concede because of our defenders. We concede because we try to have an open game where we can play fast minimal touch football.

Play to our strengths. A fast open game suits us. Start playing a game where we take no risks and see what happens to the near on 2 goals pg record we have.

It's a team game. We don't concede because of our defenders. We concede because we try to have an open game where we can play fast minimal touch football.

Play to our strengths. A fast open game suits us. Start playing a game where we take no risks and see what happens to the near on 2 goals pg record we have.

No excuse we need the defense to defend better from set pieces and open play. PS We do concede because of or defenders.

We dont need to take risks when we are 3-1 up tho.

The difficulty with the defensive problems is that its different people each goal: Eustace for Yeovils first, Keogh for their second, Bamford for Brums second etc. By no means is it the defenders at fault each time.

Just seems at the moment every time we make a defensive mistake the opposition scores.

Archived