February 2014 Games

Cam the Ram

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need an entire re-shuffle, genuinely a new squad. They're in a mess mainly because their best players all play best in pretty much the same position, they don't fit together well.

ST: RVP, Welbeck, Hernandez

Number 10 role: Rooney, Mata, Kagawa, Fellaini, Januzaj (sort of)

The defence is a mess, they've got Jones and Smalling sharing the RB position when they're both CB's! They need to get rid of Vidic and Ferdinand now, give Smalling and Jones a chance as starting CB's. Bring in a quality LB like Coentrao and a RB of decent quality, I'd suggest Debuchy or Coleman.

Get rid of the CM's, particularly Cleverley who is abysmal. If they're going to play 4-2-3-1 they need to bring in 2 quality CDM's. A shame for them that Matic went to Chelsea as he'd have been perfect.

Get rid of the wingers, Valencia, Nani and Young are all awful. Luckily they have Januzaj ready to become the starting RM so just need another decent winger, which there are always so many of. Zaha is a possibility if he gets better at Cardiff this season.

Absolute mess.

Going to struggle even more to attract players now than last summer.

Last summer Moyes was a European unknown who's record in big games would make players hold back a bit.

He was better off then.

Fergie has left him a team that doesn't exactly scream "Champions" though.

United will only get players that Chelsea and City don't want. Possibly even Liverpool soon. Even Wenger has a reputation bigger than Moyes could dream of.

Think their time might be over. At last!! I don't remember a time United weren't the easy pick for Champions. The force of English football for over 20 years!!! Amazing really.

Be sniffing around McClaren soon. I'm not sure if I'm joking or serious.

It's the only time I'd ever compare Billy Davies to Ferguson, but the effect of Ferguson leaving is massive.

The defence is a mess, they've got Jones and Smalling sharing the RB position when they're both CB's!

Aye, I remember watching Jones and Smalling play CB together for the England U-21s and being impressed, when they were at Fulham and Blackburn, thinking they formed a promising partnership if they continued together.

I don't have any sympathy for Untied, but I do for Moyes. I hope he's given another transfer window (at the least) to attempt to build a team of his own.  The entire first 18 last night, with the exception of Fellaini, were all Ferguson signings.

He's inherited a squad where most of the key players - especially in defence, are aging (Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs) and their supposed replacements (Phil Jones, Smalling) are being played out of position. Vidic is leaving at the end of the season, I'd like Ferdinand to go too, he's been past it for the last couple of seasons, so that might go some way to freshening things up.

Leverkusen 0-5 Man Utd

Leverkusen 0-4 PSG

Schalke 1-6 Real Madrid

The Bundesliga really is a woeful league (defensively) no wonder Bayern Munich are absolutely killing it.

Bayern would win the PL

Dortmund would finish around 5th

Leverkusen 8th

Schalke like 11th or something 

And that's the best they have.

Don't get me wrong, it's brilliant to watch as its a goalfest. But the Germans' CL performances have been embarassing. I'm genuinely shocked that they both made the knockout stages.

Leverkusen 0-5 Man Utd

Leverkusen 0-4 PSG

Schalke 1-6 Real Madrid

The Bundesliga really is a woeful league (defensively) no wonder Bayern Munich are absolutely killing it.

Bayern would win the PL

Dortmund would finish around 5th

Leverkusen 8th

Schalke like 11th or something 

And that's the best they have.

Don't get me wrong, it's brilliant to watch as its a goalfest. But the Germans' CL performances have been embarassing. I'm genuinely shocked that they both made the knockout stages.

Bayern are killing it because they're a terrific side - as evidenced by their performances in Europe.  Comparing moneybags sides like PSG, Utd and R Madrid with Leverkusen and Schalke isn't exactly fair; I know that the latter two made the CL and everything, but there is nowhere near the money in the Bundesliga that there is in the PL or La Liga, and as a consequence it's very difficult for most of the teams to hold on to their best players or build a large squad.  Look at Dortmund - even they can't stop Bayern or other foreign clubs from pinching their players, because they simply can't turn the money down.

And most German clubs have German players as a majority. If PL clubs had squads composed of the same proportions of English players as the BL does Germans and then compared the two, the Bundesliga clubs would be way better. But PL clubs are far more reliant on foreigners.

Bayern are killing it because they're a terrific side - as evidenced by their performances in Europe.  Comparing moneybags sides like PSG, Utd and R Madrid with Leverkusen and Schalke isn't exactly fair; I know that the latter two made the CL and everything, but there is nowhere near the money in the Bundesliga that there is in the PL or La Liga, and as a consequence it's very difficult for most of the teams to hold on to their best players or build a large squad.  Look at Dortmund - even they can't stop Bayern or other foreign clubs from pinching their players, because they simply can't turn the money down.

And most German clubs have German players as a majority. If PL clubs had squads composed of the same proportions of English players as the BL does Germans and then compared the two, the Bundesliga clubs would be way better. But PL clubs are far more reliant on foreigners.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully behind the German way of doing it. But the fact remains that Schalke and Leverkusen are miles behind the rest - but playing CL football they'll get there.

I love the Bundesliga as it's full of goals (though I watched Hertha Berlin 0-0 Freiburg earlier today) but it was an entertaining 0-0.

I get the impression that German/Swiss/Austrian coaches who go to the Bundesliga aren't the smartest tactically. Defensively they are so bad, that all it takes is one ball over the top and you're in. It's the sort of defending you see at L2 level, but with quality strikers it's great for the neutral as it's usually a goalfest.

As good as Bayern are, there is no way they would have a W20 D2 L0 record in England or Spain - not a chance in hell. People say that La Liga is just between two sides (well three with Atletico this year) but at least teams actually give them a game.

Home form is irrelevant as you'd expect the big teams to win every home game... But even away, Real Madrid have struggled against Osasuna (2-2 comeback), Elche(1-2 last min goal), Villarreal (2-2 outplayed), Levante (2-3 two last min goals), Rayo (2-3 outplayed), Granada (0-1 probably deserved but close)..

Bayern on the other hand have won 9 of 11 away games, and have beaten teams like 0-7, 0-4, 0-3 etc. Sorry but that's jsut ridiculous. Worst thing of all is Bayern are actually imroving now and getting to grips with Guardiola's ways.. Really wouldn't suprise me if they score 10 in one game this season.

Quite a shame, because there is some battle for the remaining CL/EL places and Dortmund look pretty unconvincing (in the league anyway this term) and could miss out.

Also would be quite embarrassing/funny if Hamburg went down with van der Vaart, Jansen, Ardler, Lasogga etc in the team

Quite a shame, because there is some battle for the remaining CL/EL places and Dortmund look pretty unconvincing (in the league anyway this term) and could miss out.

Also would be quite embarrassing/funny if Hamburg went down with van der Vaart, Jansen, Ardler, Lasogga etc in the team

Not only that, but there coach was the Dutch coach that guided the Netherlands to the WC final... That's before he got the sack the other week.

What I find bizarre is Kevin Prince Boeteng. He was arguably Milan's best player, and he left them to go to Schalke.

I know Milan are struggling and everything, but surely a move to Schalke would be a huge step-down?

Aye, I remember watching Jones and Smalling play CB together for the England U-21s and being impressed, when they were at Fulham and Blackburn, thinking they formed a promising partnership if they continued together.

Yeah, one thing that's always really irritated me. When they went there I thought 'great, two promising English CB's going to the biggest club in the country where they can form a partnership and become our CB partnership for the next 5/6 years'. What's happened? They very rarely play together at CB and are often used at RB for England and United.

Wasted talent, so far.

Not only that, but there coach was the Dutch coach that guided the Netherlands to the WC final... That's before he got the sack the other week.

What I find bizarre is Kevin Prince Boeteng. He was arguably Milan's best player, and he left them to go to Schalke.

I know Milan are struggling and everything, but surely a move to Schalke would be a huge step-down?

That was the weirdest transfer of the summer, the form he was on you would have thought the big 6 in England would have been sniffing about. Maybe there is problems of the pitch like Mario B.  

Archived