February 2014 Games

Cam the Ram

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wenger doesn't think the contact was deliberate.

Does he know what he sounds like?

I quite like Wenger, admire his determination and hatred of losing, but sometimes he could do himself a favour. It was a penalty.

Bet Man United would have got it off Webb

Barcelona were great tonight.

n

Excellent hunger and well-disciplined at the back. Really limited City to a few half chances.

Their 'offside' goal was beautifully worked too. And it was never offside, but Dani Alves netting late on made up for that.

I can't see City going through now, Barca aren't as invincible as they were under Guardiola but they still have enough. If Yaya Toure and Kompany were Barca players they wouldn't have a single weakness.

They still look so vulnerable from crosses, they were just excellent in defence that they limited City to only a couple of corners and one dangerous freekick.

Iniesta is just glorious to watch. I sometimes prefer watching Iniesta as I find him braver than Messi, the way he isn't afraid of trying to take on players.

Messi is till the best, but he'll only ever do it in short bursts... I think his recent injuries have probably come from all the knocks he's taken over the years and he's much more careful now.

But Iniesta, the way he just drops the shoulder, moves, plays perfect through balls.. He's the best Spain has ever had, and he has fully deserved all the trophies he's won over the last 6 years.

Said it before, but they will still talk about this Barca team - well Iniesta, Xavi and Messi - in 50/100 years time 

Barcelona are far too good for Man City.

That being said, I still can't see anyone other than Bayern winning it. Fantastic side.

Bayern are brillaint, but in 2014 Real Madrid have been the best side and a clash between the two would be amazing.

That said, I'd still fancy Barca to beat them both - but only in a one off final,  not over two legs.

Bayern are brillaint, but in 2014 Real Madrid have been the best side and a clash between the two would be amazing.

That said, I'd still fancy Barca to beat them both - but only in a one off final,  not over two legs.

You never know in a one-off game. Bayern vs Barce or Bayern vs Real would both be great finals.

Personally I'd still take Bayern over either Spanish side. Barce and Real both have defensive deficiencies. Bayern, it's hard to find a flaw at all.

Let's just hope that we're not robbed by the draw.

You never know in a one-off game. Bayern vs Barce or Bayern vs Real would both be great finals.

Personally I'd still take Bayern over either Spanish side. Barce and Real both have defensive deficiencies. Bayern, it's hard to find a flaw at all.

Let's just hope that we're not robbed by the draw.

Yes.

I'd love to see Bayern get Chelsea in the next round, to see how Mourinho tries to deal with them.

PSG were fantastic tonight too, but it kind of makes a mockery of the Bundesliga. Bayern are amazing, but the rest are a long way behind. Dortmund would struggle to make the top four in the PL, Leverkusen and Schalke would probably struggle to make the top 8.

Yes.

I'd love to see Bayern get Chelsea in the next round, to see how Mourinho tries to deal with them.

PSG were fantastic tonight too, but it kind of makes a mockery of the Bundesliga. Bayern are amazing, but the rest are a long way behind. Dortmund would struggle to make the top four in the PL, Leverkusen and Schalke would probably struggle to make the top 8.

Agree. Dortmund exceeded themselves last year, but they're nowhere this time around. Beyond that there's not a great deal of depth.

Good to see PSG back - French football's been away for a while. Just wish the Italians would sort themselves out - looking at the table and seeing Milan and Inter that far down just doesn't seem natural.

Agree. Dortmund exceeded themselves last year, but they're nowhere this time around. Beyond that there's not a great deal of depth.

Good to see PSG back - French football's been away for a while. Just wish the Italians would sort themselves out - looking at the table and seeing Milan and Inter that far down just doesn't seem natural.

Yeh, although Juventus are building a great team and really blew it in the CL. I'd make them massive favourites to win the Europa League (if they want to win it).

Agree on Milan and Inter - both are shadows of the great teams in the past.

It's hard to see where Dortmund go from here. Whoever goes there knows full well that they're playing for second place, so they won't ever be able to draw in the biggest names like Bayern. Only thing they can do (along with Schalke and Leverkusen) is try and build young team - but even then the better players just get snatched away.

Avoiding Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid in the quarters you'd probably back PSG to beat the rest to make the semi finals.

Barcelona were great tonight.

n

Excellent hunger and well-disciplined at the back. Really limited City to a few half chances.

Their 'offside' goal was beautifully worked too. And it was never offside, but Dani Alves netting late on made up for that.

I can't see City going through now, Barca aren't as invincible as they were under Guardiola but they still have enough. If Yaya Toure and Kompany were Barca players they wouldn't have a single weakness.

They still look so vulnerable from crosses, they were just excellent in defence that they limited City to only a couple of corners and one dangerous freekick.

I saw Yaya playing for Barca couple times and those are still best piece of football I've ever witnessed. Pretty soon afterwards they sold him, maybe to make room for Busquets? But I was very suprised, he played as well as this game can be played.

I think they got a good offer for Yaya and they were trying to make back money that they'd spent on someone else just before that.

Toure has said maybe last season(?) that if he ever got chance to go to Barcelona again he'd be gone as he loves the club. He's a great player.

I think they got a good offer for Yaya and they were trying to make back money that they'd spent on someone else just before that.

Toure has said maybe last season(?) that if he ever got chance to go to Barcelona again he'd be gone as he loves the club. He's a great player.

Yeh they received a great offer and used part of the money to fund keita who was a very similar player.

Busquets is world class, but he's not a ball carrier. As much as I love the trio of Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets - only one of them is good at heading, and one is good at running with the ball. 

It was easy back in 2009 that Busquets wasn't around so Yaya was naturally playing. Towards 2011 when Yaya left, Busquets was around but no one had figured out how to play against Barca and Abidal and Puyol offered more height.

I feel cheap saying it now, but Yaya would definitely make Barca's XI now, and instead of Xavi as other than great vision, passing and moving (which he's immense at) there isn't that much more to his game nowadays. Yaya offers more height, power at running with the ball, a better goalscoring threat and he can easily get away with the passing and moving part.

Also, another cheap one. I feel Adriano offers far more than Jordi Alba. Adriano has a cracking shot on him and guarantees goals, plus Jordi is so weak at defending set pieces it's unreal.

Barca nowadays lack the power and height which complemented their team back in 2009-11. Eto'o, Yaya, Abidal, Puyol... Along with the tiki taki, they were unstoppable.

Also sorry I quoted you Alpha buddy and then wrote an essay - but I just love Barca.

Yeh they received a great offer and used part of the money to fund keita who was a very similar player.

Busquets is world class, but he's not a ball carrier. As much as I love the trio of Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets - only one of them is good at heading, and one is good at running with the ball.

It was easy back in 2009 that Busquets wasn't around so Yaya was naturally playing. Towards 2011 when Yaya left, Busquets was around but no one had figured out how to play against Barca and Abidal and Puyol offered more height.

I feel cheap saying it now, but Yaya would definitely make Barca's XI now, and instead of Xavi as other than great vision, passing and moving (which he's immense at) there isn't that much more to his game nowadays. Yaya offers more height, power at running with the ball, a better goalscoring threat and he can easily get away with the passing and moving part.

Also, another cheap one. I feel Adriano offers far more than Jordi Alba. Adriano has a cracking shot on him and guarantees goals, plus Jordi is so weak at defending set pieces it's unreal.

Barca nowadays lack the power and height which complemented their team back in 2009-11. Eto'o, Yaya, Abidal, Puyol... Along with the tiki taki, they were unstoppable.

Also sorry I quoted you Alpha buddy and then wrote an essay - but I just love Barca.

No worries buddy!

Barcelona are an iconic club. It happens every once in a while where you get THAT Brazil team and THAT Liverpool team, THAT Milan team, THAT Holland team. You just get the right bunch of players and manager who play the most beautiful winning football that reminds everyone what they can achieve. Everyone wants to be them, imitating their style.

For anyone that's ever played or wants to play the game, these are the inspirational teams. Who's been inspired by Blackburn's PL title season? Barca have been the ultimate pin up of this era for fans, kids, player and managers. They've reinvented the game. They'll be remembered forever. Without Barcelona, Bayern would not exist as they do now. They're an imitation. An awesome one, but still they have strived to be better than the great team they were to an iconic team. They don't want to win, they want to win and and beat opponents in every way an opponent can be beaten. To control every single moment of a game and leave no doubt to the outcome. That even in hindsight there was only ever one winner.

The ultimate football achievement.

For those who say Barcelona are boring, what was the difference between them and Bayern's second half against Arsenal?

Zilch, other than City are far better at defending than Arsenal and Kroos as the midfielder is a better shooter than Xavi.

Other thaan that, bloody identical.

For those who say Barcelona are boring, what was the difference between them and Bayern's second half against Arsenal?

Zilch, other than City are far better at defending than Arsenal and Kroos as the midfielder is a better shooter than Xavi.

Other thaan that, bloody identical.

I don't agree with them but I can understand by people have said Barca/Spain are boring as the matches have ended up dull as the opposition just sits deep. But Barca were wonderful the other night, pissibly cos City had a go at them. The move which ended with Silva volleying was beautiful and I thought City a bit unlucky to lose by 2 after almost matching Barca in the last 20 mins. Would have like it to be closer going into the 2nd leg but with Aguero back and City going for it then an early goal might make it intersting.

Archived