February 2014 Games

Cam the Ram

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going through who City could have played instead of Demichelis the other night in my head and it struck me; what's happened to Micah Richards? I remember him being a talented, young player a few years back, got a few England caps etc. but nothing really happened to him in the Capello period. 

Anyway, I always thought he could probably do a job at CB, especially as he's quick, strong and actually quite good in the air for 5'11. Surely would have been a good option for CB considering Barca's lack of height?

Lescott and Richards were both on the bench, I'd have played either ahead of Demichelis. Man City playing Demichelis is like Ronnie O'Sullivan playing left handed, pure showboating. You're effectively saying to the other team "hey, we're that good that we can even beat you with this millstone around our neck". Might be true against a whole bunch of teams in the PL, but against Barcelona it's absolute suicide. Honestly, was anyone in the least bit surprised that what happened actually happened? Pellegrini must have been the only person on Earth who didn't see that coming....

Barca are 3-1 down at Real Sociedad.

You'd think it was a shock, but that really is a bogey ground for Barca.

They never won there under Pep (including a loss), lost there under Vilanova and look set to lose under Gerardo Martino.

Crazy really. I guess it would be similar to Chelsea's rather tame away record at Everton

Barca are 3-1 down at Real Sociedad.

You'd think it was a shock, but that really is a bogey ground for Barca.

They never won there under Pep (including a loss), lost there under Vilanova and look set to lose under Gerardo Martino.

Crazy really. I guess it would be similar to Chelsea's rather tame away record at Everton

Deserved to lose too. Some big distances between players. Neymar and Pedro were always outnumbered, Messi easy to pick up (great finish) and Song was so casual.

Valdes isn't very brave is he?

Dissapointed.

Harry Redknapp making a good case to be "Worst manager of the season".

No, they don't get 27,000 people like Brighton and they lost 18 players in the summer. They've also lost their top goalscorer and the ever reliable Kevin Doyle is just going through a 5 year drought.

There's a lot of big clubs in this league you know. Massive clubs with massive crowds and top managers

Archived