George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belper the last I heard on Wisdom was just before pre season started.

All I heard then was that Derby wanted him on a permanent but Liverpool did not want to sell.

Had no idea about Christie coming. Who I think is first choice now.

Not heard anything else about Wisdom since then.

Also one thing I will say is ive seen a few people on the forum who have said we need to sign a right back as they dont want Christie as first choice.

These people could not have ever seen him play. If they have then you could probably count on one hand the amount of times they have.

How can people deem someone not good enough to be here and be first choice when they havent seen him play?

These are probably the same people who moaned when Brayford, Bryson etc signed.

It really annoys me when we get linked with a player and a thread starts on here and some fans simply post "no thanks" to a player they have never seen play or have seen only a handful of times.

Dont get me wrong, the majority of us will say to give the player a chance.

But to dismiss a potential signing with little to no knowledge on a player is something that I will never understand.

Have you heard anything about a forward mate someone from another site said something about a new striker next week he seems to get things right too

Fantastic.

"https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-t9YI9X8ZO4k/U8pFHD1LMiI/AAAAAAAAA9Q/YaWlF2x2qec/w697-h699-no/George+Thorne" alt="George+Thorne">

Although... I am a little disappointed they didn't go for the other photo they took, which I leaked onto the 'George Thorne Giga-Thread' last night.

"https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-a2BQjsEhPqA/U8mrSK5-7bI/AAAAAAAAA88/ij9ho00DVNA/w1266-h690-no/George+Thorne+Signs" alt="George+Thorne+Signs">

Fantastic news. Welcome George.

Best midfield in the championship and better than all of the bottom half of the premier leauge as well.

For me we are two signings short now of a finished side, another striker to compete with Martin and a defender who can cover right back and centre back. I feel at least one of these will come through loans though.

Well done Derby for getting this done and for securing the midfield long term. Been a great off season and pre season seems to be on track as well. Very excited for the year ahead.

Archived