George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Nope... It is obviously far too much money...and he could t get anywhere near a VERY poor West Brom team under a bunch of managers.

He only played a handful of games for us in a midfield role that my dog could play.

I just think it's a lot of excitement over nothing and would have preferred the money to have been spent on either a decent centre half of a striker.

Presuming you live abroad and didn't see him play in person too often, bar our games on TV?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope... It is obviously far too much money...and he could t get anywhere near a VERY poor West Brom team under a bunch of managers.

He only played a handful of games for us in a midfield role that my dog could play.

I just think it's a lot of excitement over nothing and would have preferred the money to have been spent on either a decent centre half of a striker.

If that is your view. Then I can only assume the the following:-

1. You are on crack

2. You didnt see Derby play last season.

3. You have little to no football knowledge at all.

Can we sign your dog up as well then? How much will he cost and wages per week?

You are John Eustace and I claim my 5 pounds!

Can we sign your dog up as well then? How much will he cost and wages per week?

You can sign one of my dogs-not the clever one that can fetch and roll over, just the average one who can do normal dog stuff sometimes. The price is, whatever you think he is worth times by 3.5.

So you think he is worth 3 million pounds..!?? Well, he isn't.

Would you have been happy if we had chucked 3 million pounds on a hull city reserve player...!?

He is a decent player, but that's it, a squad player but just a crazy expensive one.

No one is worth anything. Transfer fees are purely dependent on what one club is prepared to sell for and the other is prepared to pay.

Lallana 27m

Kroos 20m

McCormmack 11m

Lambert 4m

Thorne 1-3m

The transfer fee order is not the same as how good these players are

Muespachram... Blimey dude; lighten up;;

- You hate the Umbro kit(s)

- Not impressed by Thorne signing

Entitled to opinion as a public forum, but sooooo many can't be wrong.

Ps. I'm not spunking on the shirt I must admit.

Belper the last I heard on Wisdom was just before pre season started.

All I heard then was that Derby wanted him on a permanent but Liverpool did not want to sell.

Had no idea about Christie coming. Who I think is first choice now.

Not heard anything else about Wisdom since then.

Also one thing I will say is ive seen a few people on the forum who have said we need to sign a right back as they dont want Christie as first choice.

These people could not have ever seen him play. If they have then you could probably count on one hand the amount of times they have.

How can people deem someone not good enough to be here and be first choice when they havent seen him play?

These are probably the same people who moaned when Brayford, Bryson etc signed.

It really annoys me when we get linked with a player and a thread starts on here and some fans simply post "no thanks" to a player they have never seen play or have seen only a handful of times.

Dont get me wrong, the majority of us will say to give the player a chance.

But to dismiss a potential signing with little to no knowledge on a player is something that I will never understand.

Can I also point out that Thorne was the best player on the pitch in the biggest game we've played for years, AT WEMBLEY.

Completely outshone CM's who have broken into a PL team before and will be playing PL football next year.

He's probably not worth 500 pages plus, but he's an excellent player. Compliments our team perfectly, even if he doesn't suit WBA's.

How do you know it's far too much if its undisclosed? And he was in the team until he got injured.

Poor attempt at a wind up

I`ll Swap dogs with you Pal !!

Archived