George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been over to the baggies boards earlier - it's OK, I showered before I came back - as I never spent any time on their forums during the saga. Got to say, such a negative, mealy minded, bitter bunch of folk I've never come across. I know we were taking one of their best prospects off their hands but god, find the silver lining boys!

Anyway, this one post in particular made me smile. Thought I'd share:

They're a funny bunch. In my absence I went there for some GT news and apart from 95% being puns, erroneous claims he was signing every morning for the past week, and Baggie79 winding people up (doubt it's the same one we know). Their positivity when faced with no news about their transfer targets is admirable - a similar situation here I can't even begin to imagine.

I think the baggies have a crush on us

In 17 pages of drivel there must have been about 5 posters that summed it up by saying 'Maybe Derby just have a better attitude than us right now and he's loved the atmosphere and wants more of it'. 

More than anything I can't believe that not one of them mentioned that the first thing he did after signing was thank WBA for the chance they gave him. They were stone cold abusive and bitter up to the very last post. 

Do they not realise that when they carry that attitude into the ground the players can sense it. Re-le-gay-shon. 

In 17 pages of drivel there must have been about 5 posters that summed it up by saying 'Maybe Derby just have a better attitude than us right now and he's loved the atmosphere and wants more of it'. 

More than anything I can't believe that not one of them mentioned that the first thing he did after signing was thank WBA for the chance they gave him. They were stone cold abusive and bitter up to the very last post. 

Do they not realise that when they carry that attitude into the ground the players can sense it. Re-le-gay-shon

Nah, not a chance.

In a few years they'll be relegated, after floundering for a while Fulham-style.

But I agree, even some of the more fun, cooler baggies on the thread were quite bitter and abusive, and sought to only argue with all of us. This is exactly what he meant when he said he didn't feel valued at their club. 

Nah, not a chance.

In a few years they'll be relegated, after floundering for a while Fulham-style.

But I agree, even some of the more fun, cooler baggies on the thread were quite bitter and abusive, and sought to only argue with all of us. This is exactly what he meant when he said he didn't feel valued at their club. 

Agreed. Every club has it's negative bunch, but they unfortunately seem to have more than their fair share. Very glad I was born a Ram and not a Baggie today.

I think i can spk for us all that the guys on this forum are first and foremost passionate rams fans who wear their hearts on their sleeves.

Rather that than passive...

I sensed no passion when over there, they were flat, dejected, entitled and mopey.

I half wanted to start a row, arguing every single negative comment they'd made for the last 17 pages and causing a ruckus within their miserable little cave, but then thought 'nah. We got George, we won, nowt more needs to be said'.

Archived