George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you had said to me while I stood in shock at Wembley unable to move, that we would sign George Thorne, then I would have bitten your hand off, never expected to get him, especially after his previous comments about wanting to play PL and hopefully do that with DCFC.

When we said we were going for him I was happily surprised, still didn't think it would happen, but he must have said something to make us think we could get him in the championship so again I was happy.

At that point a lot of people said on Twitter random prices for him ranging from

Nope... It is obviously far too much money...and he could t get anywhere near a VERY poor West Brom team under a bunch of managers.

He only played a handful of games for us in a midfield role that my dog could play.

I just think it's a lot of excitement over nothing and would have preferred the money to have been spent on either a decent centre half of a striker.

Well lets look at it as a freebie. Good season got to Wembley and the gate money bought GT.

Archived