Derby County v Brighton

sage

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a great game of football. i think we need approx 25-28pts (~1.2-1.3ppg) compared with the 1.80ppg we have had over the course of the season so far to secure a playoff spot if you look at previous seasons (neglecting last season) .

im quietly confident that if we continue a reasonable run through january and february we will make it through to the playoffs. I think it would take something truly special to get us through into the top 2.

still to play yeovil, bournemouth, barnsley, charlton at home and doncaster away. we should aim to pick up all 15pts available from there, then need 10/13 more pts from the rest of our games.

what formation did we go when Sammon came on for Wisdom?

Like a 4-2-2-2, i think!?...

Hendrick (rb)

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Eustace

Bryson

Bamford (right)

Ward (left)

Martin

Sammon

Playing average/poor and beating 6th in the league will do nicely.

Keogh was class on his return both defending and going forward

Wisdom was decent, few good runs but his crossing was a bit off today

Bamford changed the game when he came on. We looked lively and like we actually wanted to win, lovely goal as well

Ref was average, loved his cards mind you!

Ward and Dawkins were both dreadful, with Ward being three worst of the two of them. Currently they are offering nothing to the team and when a lot of goal were scored with the work of the wide players, we need those two positions to offer us something.

I hope Russell, Bennett and Bamford get some opportunities soon. Dawkins walks around like he owns the place and I think in 12 to 18 months time we will be asking why we bought him.

Will Hughes is dreadfully off form at the moment. You don't become a bad player but you do have ups and downs. He is in a down at the moment and needs to be taken out the team.

Keogh was immense today, Bamford very good (needs to work a bit harder off the ball) but I want to give a mention to Jeff Hendrick who I thought looked very good when he came on. Both in the middle of the pitch and at right back. Surged forward, more direct, stronger. I would like to see him replace Hughes next game.

Last mention for Lee Grant. Two world class saves today, especially the reaction for the second half one. Couldn't predict that shot coming in, so that made it better for me.

Thought ward was ok today, nothing amazing and was starved off the ball as brighton had done there homework, still managed to get the cross of the game in, and provide an assist.

of course i was, i didnt make that judgment from listening to the radio

Wasn't saying that, it always amazes me how some posters have a more negative outlook......ie we could be top by 12 points, but some will still moan and say we should be 16 points in front.....all opinions at the end of the day :)

Grant excellent (apart from that drop - I nearly pooed myself).

Back four and Eustace tremendous, especially Keogh.

Bryson and Dawkins both pretty anonymous (although I don't think Dawkins was anywhere near as bad as some people are making out).

Martin huffed and puffed but didn't really get any service.

Ward and Hughes were really, really bad.

Hendrick was fantastic at RB, Sammon was tireless and Bamford has obvious quality. Brilliant goal and celebration.

Cross of the game? I olnly saw one and it went straight into the goalkeeper's hands

That's what happens when you watch it on a black n white portable ;-)

Archived