Derby County v Brighton

sage

We need Russell back. I think resting ward/Dawkins and have them battle it out for the starting spot with Russell will give them that incentive to put in performances that earned them there spot I'm the first place. Because atm it's like they know there Guna start regardless of how they play. Hughes does need a rest, and I think Bryson needs to bag a goal to give that confidence to push on and produce the kind of displays we have been so used to from him.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson getting unnecessary stick on here, he looked the same as usual to me. Made a ton of runs and seemed to be 2 or 3 steps ahead of the rest of the team because he was still in a positive frame of mind, unlike the rest of the team who's confidence seemed shot until we scored. 

He'll have a good game next week if we're playing with a bit more umph.

thought bamford finished well, but that free kick though... 

Which are you going to remember?

For me, it will be the goal, but I'm like that.

Grant - 8

Forsyth - 7

Keogh - 8

Buxton - 7

Wisdom 7

Eustace - 8

Bryson - 5

Hughes - 3

Ward - 6

Martin - 7

Dawkins - 5

That's my take. Bamford scored a nice goal but he never looked comfortable in the wide forward position, saw Eustace shout at him a few times.

Brighton were very defensive, and their side is very good at it. It was no different to last season's game with them... Except we scored this time!

I agree with these ratings.

thought bamford finished well, but that free kick though... 

I'm actually quite encouraged by the free kick. At least he had the confidence to step up to it. I'm willing to believe, therefore, that he shanked it, and he's probably gutted that the first chance he had to really show us something, he bottled it. But the goal will have helped his confidence no end, and I'm sure that, more often than not, he'll hit a cracker. 

I certainly hope so. We're crying out for someone who can take a good free kick. So much so that I'm glad he scored, because we would have inevitably wasted the free kick we would have won otherwise.

I'm actually quite encouraged by the free kick. At least he had the confidence to step up to it. I'm willing to believe, therefore, that he shanked it, and he's probably gutted that the first chance he had to really show us something, he bottled it. But the goal will have helped his confidence no end, and I'm sure that, more often than not, he'll hit a cracker.

I certainly hope so. We're crying out for someone who can take a good free kick. So much so that I'm glad he scored, because we would have inevitably wasted the free kick we would have won otherwise.

McClaren said he's been putting them in all week in training... He must be quite good running up like Ronaldo!

he said he's been banging them in all week in training 

Archived