Derby County v Brighton

sage

Was it in the first half? I must admit I missed the majority of the first half as I was still half asleep

To tell the truth Bris, the quality of crossing from both sides was really poor today. My seat's on the back row behind the North Stand goal and whenever any full back was in an advanced position, I feared for my life.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a great game of football. i think we need approx 25-28pts (~1.2-1.3ppg) compared with the 1.80ppg we have had over the course of the season so far to secure a playoff spot if you look at previous seasons (neglecting last season) .

im quietly confident that if we continue a reasonable run through january and february we will make it through to the playoffs. I think it would take something truly special to get us through into the top 2.

still to play yeovil, bournemouth, barnsley, charlton at home and doncaster away. we should aim to pick up all 15pts available from there, then need 10/13 more pts from the rest of our games.

It was a massive massive win because it could end up cementing our place in the playoffs by beating the 6th placed team; a  real six pointer .

We played poorly and we really have to improve lot from that performance to get automatic. 

To tell the truth Bris, the quality of crossing from both sides was really poor today. My seat's on the back row behind the North Stand goal and whenever any full back was in an advanced position, I feared for my life.

I did see a few wild punts, mainly from the Brighton lot actually.. In that second half they must have hit row K or above at least 4 times.

Then again, Bamford nearly cleared the roof with that feekick.

Was it windy today? It looked it, towards the end at one stage Brighton played a floating ball  down the line and it seemed to gather pace when hitting the ground and rolled harmlessly out of play

A dreadful game of football, nobody can complain tonight when the FLS only show about 5 mins worth of highlights.

Ward was better today and Dawkins was crap, Bamford is quality.

Keogh MOTM.

Finally we beat a good team!! No prediction points for me though. -_-

We played poor today. Often the final ball was not there

They didnt really get in our faces allowing our defends to push up more and have time on the ball.

Keogh took advantage of them sitting off to make forward runs.

We won because Brighton played a different game plan against us than Leicester and Wigan

We battled.

Sometimes it's not going to be pretty. Personally I don't give a flying fark whether it was or it wasn't because we have just come off a bad run and we needed a result, not a performance. Today the ONLY thing that counted was 3 points. 

A dreadful game of football, nobody can complain tonight when the FLS only show about 5 mins worth of highlights.

Ward was better today and Dawkins was crap, Bamford is quality.

Keogh MOTM.

Finally we beat a good team!! No prediction points for me though. -_-

Brighton are not a good team on the evidence of today. But I will take the 3 points all day long. Well done to Mac for being brave having Sammon , Bamford Ward and Martin on all at once . I would have taken a point but Mac went for 3 fair play to him.  

It was a hard battle, but how Brighton got themselves a reputation for being a footballing side I can't understand.

Defensively sound, deserved a clean sheet. Granty really earned his corn with two superb saves.

Ward and especially Dawkins were poor and waiting for something to happen rather than forcing the issue. Martin didn't get into it so much as we've come to expect and Hughesy was off it by his own high standards.

I said 5 minutes before we scored that we needed a mistake or a moment of brilliance and we got it. Great finish from Bamford.

Massive credit to the gaffer for early, positive substitutions too. Top stuff.

I'd have no qualms about sticking Bamford, Hendrick and Russell in next week and taking Dawkins, Ward and Hughes out of the firing line for a week. Blackburn are a decent side and they'll be smarting after getting turned over twice in a week. Can't be carrying any one there.

Archived