Why aren't there many players from Derby

petersimple

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan Mutch. Went to Noel baker in Alvaston.

Also, if anyone could point me in the right direction to where I can change my profile picture that would be a huge help. Been a while since I last posted.

Top right of your screen. Click on your name, then My Profile. Hover over your picture on the resulting screen and click Change.

Paul Groves ex Grimsby Town is a Derby lad.

Aww you beat me to it! I read further through the posts thinking everyone had forgotten him! He used to play for my old Saturday side Mickleover RBL and his name is on the player of the year award about five years in a row...

Grew up here.

Still lives on that new(ish) estate near Chellaston, across the road from my mate. They live near a roundabout and apparently every bonfire night he lays on a big display in the middle of the roundabout and invites the whole neighbourhood.

Does anyone know if Derby County actually owned some of the houses on Chain Lane? Or was it a myth?

across the roundabout is Hillsway, and Derby County owned a few houses there, my Uncle bought one about 20 years ago, when clearing out the attic, found loads of old paperwork. I was a bit miffed when he told me he'd burnt it all. Said there was contracts there and everything! Grrr...

across the roundabout is Hillsway, and Derby County owned a few houses there, my Uncle bought one about 20 years ago, when clearing out the attic, found loads of old paperwork. I was a bit miffed when he told me he'd burnt it all. Said there was contracts there and everything! Grrr...

Dint some of the 70's team live on Manor Road? Don't know if the club owned em though.

Dint some of the 70's team live on Manor Road? Don't know if the club owned em though.

Really couldn't tell you to be honest. I didn't know about Hillsway until my late Uncle Bill told me about his find in the attic!

I know the club used to have some appartments in Allestree, and George Burley, Rob Lee, Warren Barton, Candido Costa, Nacer Barazite and others stayed there. My mother was the manager of it at the time. She used to love gossiping to me about the behaviour of some of them.

Ian Hall (of Radio Derby, Derby County and Derbyshire CCC fame) was born in Sutton Scarsdale.

Ian Buxton (similar sporting pedigree, captained DCCC and Derby County on occasion) was born in Matlock.

Ian Hall (of Radio Derby, Derby County and Derbyshire CCC fame) was born in Sutton Scarsdale.

Ian Buxton (similar sporting pedigree, captained DCCC and Derby County on occasion) was born in Matlock.

I liked Ian Hall. Someone whose insight of the game was worthy of respect. I used to enjoy his summary of the opposition manager's press conference after the game too.

I liked Ian Hall. Someone whose insight of the game was worthy of respect. I used to enjoy his summary of the opposition manager's press conference after the game too.

He also had an unhealthy obsession with fish and chips, particularly relishing whenever we played away at Grimsby.

Archived