Do we need more coaches?

ChaddesdenRam

My point on the coaching is that I think if we were to get promoted for the prem we should hire an attacking coach and a defensive coach.

Manager - McClaren

Assistant - Simpson

First team and Goalkeeping - Steele

I think 3 is a bit small personally. Even though McClaren is first and foremost a coach I think a couple more would provide more ideas and if we could get a premier league experienced coach that would be invaluable.

What are your opinion's?

Obviously the most important opinion would be the players and whether they think they are being coached with quality and quantity, but they can't comment on that sort of thing obviously.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion is that without knowing what goes on at the Derby County Training Centre in partnership with the University of Derby, none of us can really have an opinion on the quantity of coaches required.

For that reason I won't be contributing to this thread any further. I'm out.

it depends really. with there being only three coaches, mcclaren has to work with every player - this means there's bound to be a close relationship and good atmosphere between all the players and their manager which can only be a good thing. that being said, a larger number of coaches would make focusing on specific areas much easier - the coaches would have a larger pool of knowledge and there would be enough to work on improving particular sections of the team (e.g. defence) without there being detrimental effects to the rest of the squad's training as a result. 

at the end of the day we don't watch training, and so we can't say for certain if training would be improved as a result of more coaches. if more were appointed, however, i would like to see the current theme - of coaches who have been involved with the club before - continued.

My point on the coaching is that I think if we were to get promoted for the prem we should hire an attacking coach and a defensive coach.

Manager - McClaren

Assistant - Simpson

First team and Goalkeeping - Steele

I think 3 is a bit small personally. Even though McClaren is first and foremost a coach I think a couple more would provide more ideas and if we could get a premier league experienced coach that would be invaluable.

What are your opinion's?

Obviously the most important opinion would be the players and whether they think they are being coached with quality and quantity, but they can't comment on that sort of thing obviously.

You want us to hire a new defensive coach even though Shteve is one of the best?

The appointment of Chris Evans as technical thingey was to allow McClaren more time on the coaching pitch than scouting etc.

There are 3 main coaches, plus a fitness coach, plus Bill Beswick, plus physio and analyst, plus youth coaches. I think there are enough personally, simply because McClaren's contribution is that of a head coach, and not a office manager.

Where I read we are having mental coach and video analyst too? Latter Macca's son? There's two more.

A mental coach? That's nothing. Forest have got a mental manager.

Archived