poor atmosphere

ramtique

Some of us in the South stand were trying to get the singing going, But in all honesty it was hard!

I didn't get get home till 4:30am after bringing in the new year and all though i thought i felt fine, It didn't take a lot to bring on a stinking headache. 

It would be nice if the rest of the ground had a go at creating the atmosphere instead of just sitting and waiting for the south stand to do it all though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand by my description Eddie. .. I'm not belittling the Wigan fans who made the journey - thet did indeed make a considerable noise for such a small number! However, I always thought their level of supprt was v poor when they were in the prem. Wigan is a rugby town. Two thirds of the Championship clubs would have brought a bigger follow on New Years Day!

Let's put this into perspective eh?

Wigan (835) yesterday in comparison to some other fans from undoubted football towns to Pride Park / iPro this season:

Blackburn (746)

Burnley (898)

Reading (779)

Ipswich (599)

Middlesbrough (546)

Blackpool (348)

Let's put this into perspective eh?

Wigan (835) yesterday in comparison to some other fans from undoubted football towns to Pride Park / iPro this season:

Blackburn (746)

Burnley (898)

Reading (779)

Ipswich (599)

Middlesbrough (546)

Blackpool (348)

835 on a bumper new years day crowd. p.s. Ipswich/Middlesbrough were midweek.

The day we get a trumpet in is the day I had my season ticket back!

It was wet, cold, everyone was tired and there's been to much football on recently.

funny how a missing 'n' can alter the entire meaning of a sentence. Such is the curse of a wireless keyboard with low battery. Should of course be hand back the ticket.

835 on a bumper new years day crowd. p.s. Ipswich/Middlesbrough were midweek.

So what?

Were there any trains running yesterday? To get more than Burnley and almost as many as Blackburn - 'football towns' in the purest sense of the word (founder members of the football league) isn't bad - and like I said earlier, it's 3 times as many as we took to Middlesbrough. It's also only 300 or so lower than our own average away support for the last three seasons.

Tbh i was surprised that the attendance was supposedly 26,700 as there were a lot of gaps and empty seats.

That's almost 7,000 short of capacity. At Nottingham that would be a sea of pink.

I really feel like the ground is going through the motions until the fans move.

It's really pathetic having such a tiny singing section, effectively singing at each other. I know that sometimes, too much is made of the acoustic and football feng shui, but I sometimes really wonder how the home fans at Pride Park could be placed any worse.

I really feel like the ground is going through the motions until the fans move.

It's really pathetic having such a tiny singing section, effectively singing at each other. I know that sometimes, too much is made of the acoustic and football feng shui, but I sometimes really wonder how the home fans at Pride Park could be placed any worse.

I was thinking about that during the match.

The south stand is clearly the best place for away fans due to coach parking and crowd control, but our fans seems determined to stand behind the goal.

Yesterday that left a huge gap in the south east corner for some reason - presumably the seats they had vacated.

I came to the conclusion that the home fans should be in the north stand.

And that the best way to get them to move would be to create the safe standing area they seem to want.

We've only managed to get tickets in the North stand for Chelsea and I'm dreading it. Last time I was there for Forest a few seasons back I remember being shouted at by someone for standing up and clapping too much whenever we had a good chance or got a corner :blink:

Worst experience was, also against Forest, last year, we'd only managed to get tickets in the West stand upper and some lads in front of us came in, singing, standing up and joining in with the songs, a bit drunk and rowdy but nothing too bad. Bloke behind us tried to get the Stewards to kick them out for swearing, which they almost did.

Too many divs sitting in the south stand not contributing to the atmosphere, just after the cheap seats, get em out!!!!

Agreed. I'm hating being sat so low, no bugger else does owt. There was a bloke sat next to me yesterday who look disgusted any time anyone swore as he was with his young lad - who spent most of the game trying to find Rammie.  <_< If you don't like the language, don't sit in the south, go in the family area!

Archived