Who will Derby Sign watch this space..

Ahjames08

The credibility that Stevie Mac has over Nigel is his networking at a much higher level and across Europe. I think we will be pleasantly suprised who Derby will sign.

With his first transfer window don't be suprised to see some top Dutch or German players come in as well as a possible couple of English players or may be a Croation or another italian with Stimac and Biano's contacts.

I think we will be suprised his depth of knowledge and not look at the MK Don's forward (on Loan) or other lower league players unlike Nigel.

He's a top coach and Harry is gutted to have lost him...

Steve's departure and the slump in form at QPR show the input Harry is missing....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really lads, have a word with yourselves.

Not only has McClaren completely turned our whole terrible, horrible season around AND made Jake Buxton the player he is today, he's also responsible for what was going at QPR when they were doing well and their slump is down to him joining us.

He left and they all thought feck this, I'm not playing for this bunch of old fashioned amatuers now that Steve the Beacon of Light has gone?

Is that what we're saying? Steve McClaren is THAT good?

Not only has McClaren completely turned our whole terrible, horrible season around AND made Jake Buxton the player he is today, he's also responsible for what was going at QPR when they were doing well and their slump is down to him joining us.

He left and they all thought feck this, I'm not playing for this bunch of old fashioned amatuers now that Steve the Beacon of Light has gone?

Yes

don't think it's quite as straight forward as that, but it's no coincidence that when he left us for man utd, we went downhill and eventually relegated.

QPR's form has dipped since he left them & our form has massively improved.

So I think when he's left to do what he does best, coaching, there's not many better. Even players, when asked, they say he's one of the best, if not the best coach in the country.

Ideal signings from my point of view.

LB - Johnathan Parr (can also play RB got promoted with Palace)

CDM - Jack Cork (if Victor Wanyama is fit for the saints)

ST - Patrick Bamford

Just out of interest would you have said Parr and Bamford if you had not seen them mentioned in other sources?

Has Parr even been playing for Palace? I thought Moxey was keeping him out of the team?

And how many times have you seen Bamford and what qualities do you think he would bring to us? Have you seen anything to suggest that it is worth gambling on a player unproven at Championship level when we are at a stage of cementing our place in the top 6?

Just out of interest would you have said Parr and Bamford if you had not seen them mentioned in other sources?

Has Parr even been playing for Palace? I thought Moxey was keeping him out of the team?

And how many times have you seen Bamford and what qualities do you think he would bring to us? Have you seen anything to suggest that it is worth gambling on a player unproven at Championship level when we are at a stage of cementing our place in the top 6?

We were all thinking it.

We were all thinking it.

I wasn't being an arse (for once) I was genuinely asking.

Parr - he was very good in their promotion season but there must be a reason Moxey is keeping him out of the team, having said that, a player that can cover at RB and LB would be a very decent signing

Cork - not sure why anyone thinks there is a chance that a regular starter in the Premier League will join us! If we are going to just name midfielders that are good and are unlikely to sign for us I'm not sure why Yaya Toure hasn't been mentioned.

Bamford - I know he's highly rated and having seen clips of him and his goal scoring record I am impressed but I know nothing about his style of play and have no idea if he is good enough to take the step up. The last time I judged a signing like this I believed Liam Dickinson would do well for us...

I wasn't being an arse (for once) I was genuinely asking.

Parr - he was very good in their promotion season but there must be a reason Moxey is keeping him out of the team, having said that, a player that can cover at RB and LB would be a very decent signing

Cork - not sure why anyone thinks there is a chance that a regular starter in the Premier League will join us! If we are going to just name midfielders that are good and are unlikely to sign for us I'm not sure why Yaya Toure hasn't been mentioned.

Bamford - I know he's highly rated and having seen clips of him and his goal scoring record I am impressed but I know nothing about his style of play and have no idea if he is good enough to take the step up. The last time I judged a signing like this I believed Liam Dickinson would do well for us...

I'm not disagreeing with you here, more being the devil's advocate.

If you're concerned about Parr because he's being kept out of a Premier League team by another player, but rule us out signing another player because he starts Premier League games, then who can we actually sign?

Don't think we stand a chance with Cork though, not anymore.

I had not thought of Bamford as a potential signing for derby before i saw him mentioned in another thread but i already knew about him having seen most of his goals on the FLS for MK dons. He looks like a great player that will only get better and is better than the current level he is playing at. A comparison would be Jordan Rhodes, even though he scored all his goals in league 1 and was unproven at championship level it was clear he would be able to score in the championship and would be good enough for a team cementing its position in the top 6 as you said we are. Now obviously Bamford is no way near Rhodes ability but he is a similar player, can finish with both feet and has good dribbling for a tall player. I think that he would play the Chris Martin role better than Sammon so that would be why I would think he would be a good signing. My only concern is his strength and whether he would be able to hold the ball up against the likes of Richard Dunne, Wes Morgan, Jack Hobbs etc. 

Parr has been injured this season but played 38 games in their promotion season which is more than Moxey. Moxey is now keeping him out the team yes but Parr was the better player in the championship which is more important for us in my opinion. 

Also I do not actually think Bamford or any striker is that important too us as i have said in previous posts. We score enough its just the defence that needs sorting at the moment. So a CDM is paramount for me.

Finally Parr being kept out of the team could work in our favour and people mentioning Jack Cork (like myself) must know that he is starting for the saints and it will be very difficult to sign him unless Victor Wanyama regains his place in the side once he returns from injury. 

I'm not disagreeing with you here, more being the devil's advocate.

If you're concerned about Parr because he's being kept out of a Premier League team by another player, but rule us out signing another player because he starts Premier League games, then who can we actually sign?

Don't think we stand a chance with Cork though, not anymore.

The only point I was making was that he is kept out by Moxey who many deemed not good enough for us 3 years ago! As I said I liked the player but not sure if he has been injured or is out of form.

Don't think at any point we have stood a chance with Cork!

'Parr - he was very good in their promotion season but there must be a reason Moxey is keeping him out of the team, having said that, a player that can cover at RB and LB would be a very decent signing'

My boss is a Palace fan and he tells me that Parr has been injured for a while and is now struggling to get back to his previous good form. Moxey was only a stand-in but is now keeping him out of the team. A bit like what Eustace is doing to Hendrick!

I had not thought of Bamford as a potential signing for derby before i saw him mentioned in another thread but i already knew about him having seen most of his goals on the FLS for MK dons. He looks like a great player that will only get better and is better than the current level he is playing at. A comparison would be Jordan Rhodes, even though he scored all his goals in league 1 and was unproven at championship level it was clear he would be able to score in the championship and would be good enough for a team cementing its position in the top 6 as you said we are. Now obviously Bamford is no way near Rhodes ability but he is a similar player, can finish with both feet and has good dribbling for a tall player. I think that he would play the Chris Martin role better than Sammon so that would be why I would think he would be a good signing. My only concern is his strength and whether he would be able to hold the ball up against the likes of Richard Dunne, Wes Morgan, Jack Hobbs etc. 

Parr has been injured this season but played 38 games in their promotion season which is more than Moxey. Moxey is now keeping him out the team yes but Parr was the better player in the championship which is more important for us in my opinion. 

Also I do not actually think Bamford or any striker is that important too us as i have said in previous posts. We score enough its just the defence that needs sorting at the moment. So a CDM is paramount for me.

Finally Parr being kept out of the team could work in our favour and people mentioning Jack Cork (like myself) must know that he is starting for the saints and it will be very difficult to sign him unless Victor Wanyama regains his place in the side once he returns from injury. 

Thanks for info on Parr, is he available?

As said in previous posts I think more than a few clips from FLS are required for judging whether a young player is good enough for this league or not but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

'Parr - he was very good in their promotion season but there must be a reason Moxey is keeping him out of the team, having said that, a player that can cover at RB and LB would be a very decent signing'

My boss is a Palace fan and he tells me that Parr has been injured for a while and is now struggling to get back to his previous good form. Moxey was only a stand-in but is now keeping him out of the team. A bit like what Eustace is doing to Hendrick!

Just seen todays line-ups...Parr replaces Moxey! :rolleyes:

Archived