Who will Derby Sign watch this space..

Ahjames08

The credibility that Stevie Mac has over Nigel is his networking at a much higher level and across Europe. I think we will be pleasantly suprised who Derby will sign.

With his first transfer window don't be suprised to see some top Dutch or German players come in as well as a possible couple of English players or may be a Croation or another italian with Stimac and Biano's contacts.

I think we will be suprised his depth of knowledge and not look at the MK Don's forward (on Loan) or other lower league players unlike Nigel.

He's a top coach and Harry is gutted to have lost him...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The credibility that Stevie Mac has over Nigel is his networking at a much higher level and across Europe. I think we will be pleasantly suprised who Derby will sign.

With his first transfer window don't be suprised to see some top Dutch or German players come in as well as a possible couple of English players or may be a Croation or another italian with Stimac and Biano's contacts.

I think we will be suprised his depth of knowledge and not look at the MK Don's forward (on Loan) or other lower league players unlike Nigel.

He's a top coach and Harry is gutted to have lost him...

Absolutely James. Harry has stated the same in a recent interview.

I hope he doesn't sign too many overseas players though. I like the largely British bias that Clough established.

I agree.. Not too many overseas player, but maybe a leader like Stimac was but also a classy footballer. I am sure almost certain this would have been discussed with Mr Rush at the interview stage. Especially now the run we have had and the next run we are going on...

I'm sure Eranio has suggested a full back or another Bryson type player from Milan..!! They have both been over recently training and spending time with Steve and the board and I bet 1 or 2 players have been put forward. :-)

Absolutely James. Harry has stated the same in a recent interview.

I hope he doesn't sign too many overseas players though. I like the largely British bias that Clough established.

I agree. And not only British, but a number of the players are local boys who clearly identify with the fans.

The quality of the dressing room has been Clough's great gift to the current management team. I'm sure given what the Mac's had to work with before, he's spotted that already.

I'm not one for this "I don't care where they come from, as long as they're good" attitude, because where they come from can have an affect on how good they are. Players are humans like the rest of us and they have to settle in to their new home, learn a language, acclimatize, eat the local food...

Foreign players can add something to the team that players from Britain can't. Quite often, they're more intelligent, more flamboyant, and potentially cheaper. It worked in the early TBE days because the introduction of foreign players was measured. It went to pot when we almost started signing foreigners for the sake of them being foreign (so many names you can use as examples there...).

No idea why, but Scots seem to absolutely love it here. Scottish players have served us extremely well - abnormally so for an English club, I'd say.

Yes our entire team is made up of UK players which is fantastic. Clough got us playing very well and other the years I have been on the edge of my seat especially the run a couple of years ago where we went through a spell of tearing teams apart (even with Savage in the team).

Wisdom is very cool, and personally I don't want an influx of overseas players but we did panic against Huddersfield at the end - so some composure although can be trained maybe 1 or 2 could add that composure without disrupting the changing room..

Yes our entire team is made up of UK players which is fantastic. Clough got us playing very well and other the years I have been on the edge of my seat especially the run a couple of years ago where we went through a spell of tearing teams apart (even with Savage in the team).

Wisdom is very cool, and personally I don't want an influx of overseas players but we did panic against Huddersfield at the end - so some composure although can be trained maybe 1 or 2 could add that composure without disrupting the changing room..

Not quite- Gjokaj, Whitbread, Cisse, Morch...    ;)

No idea why, but Scots seem to absolutely love it here. Scottish players have served us extremely well - abnormally so for an English club, I'd say.

Something to do with the last time they invaded they stopped at Derby? Maybe they sowed a few oats and half of Derby has Scottish roots.

teale

mceveley

Both had their moments - but fleetingly far between.

The one who arrived with high expectation and left with high points on his driving licence of course was Bob "He'll sleep where he wants" Malcolm.

Archived