Keogh/Keane

CapeTownRams

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think people are now guilty of over-rating Keogh. He's a poor leader/captain. The leaders out there appear to be Eustace and Martin. Admittedly, Eustace on the whole has proven a few people wrong, I personally was dead against signing him, so I was wrong there. Keogh though is a liability, his passing is rubbish, his technique is awful, his heading is weak, the only thing he has is commitment.

And the first time anyone agrees with you, you are probably going to upgrade your status to 'VINDICATED AGAIN!!!!'

You might have a long wait though.

Reading some of the posts I wonder how the fook we have managed to win SEVEN on the bounce, with players that have only one foot, players that can not play out of position etc  etc , some of the other teams must be really crap.

because no one has played out of position in 6 out of the 7 games in the winning streak!

because no one has played out of position in 6 out of the 7 games in the winning streak!

That is 100 percent correct..... No more square pegs in round holes and making do. A refreshing change

Totally agree, I think Keane just needs two or three games to get in the groove of things. For all Buckos heart and passion, he has to play to the highest of his ability every game and not have a bad game. With Keogh he can be only 70/80% and still manage to get through a game. Not saying it's wrong is what Bucko has to do to keep his place. Hope I made sense? Feel free to rip me apart

Bucko always puts 100% in and that's what many people love him for. However, you're spot on when you say he constantly has to perform. Because he isn't quick, his positioning has to be near perfect every time; when that isn't the case he gets caught out and that 9 times out of 10 leads to a good chance for the opposition. Point in case was his OG yesterday, he was caught the wrong side of Theo and then unfortunately knocked the ball past Grant when he tried to amend the error.

Keane and Keogh have more pace and are more 'ball-playing' centre backs ( demonstrated by Keane's run up the field yesterday). Keogh is a leader on the pitch and can organise the back 4 well, while also having the ability to go forward. Keane is strong in the air both offensively and defensively also. Give them a few games together, Keogh on the right, Keane on the left, and on paper at least, they should be a promotion standard centre back pairing. 

I'm at a loss as to working out how many games Buxton has to do well in before people see he is better than keogh. He's proved over the 20 odd games this season he is better than keogh, regardless of the fact people say keogh is a better ball player, buxtons passing has been just as good if not better than keogh's all season.

And if keogh is anything, the one thing he isn't is a leader. If he's unable to play in the near future it's a great chance to get the arm band off him.

I'm at a loss as to working out how many games Buxton has to do well in before people see he is better than keogh. He's proved over the 20 odd games this season he is better than keogh, regardless of the fact people say keogh is a better ball player, buxtons passing has been just as good if not better than keogh's all season.

And if keogh is anything, the one thing he isn't is a leader. If he's unable to play in the near future it's a great chance to get the arm band off him.

Sorry can't agree, Just think Keogh has a lot more class than Bucko. I love Bucko determination and heart but for me Keogh is a much better fit and player. Bucko has played out of his skin this season no doubt. But he has to play at the top of his ability every game. And he will have lulls. Keogh has got that little bit more class and can get away with it at times playing 70/80 percent of his level. All about opinions but do agree Bucko has played well this season and has proved me wrong on countless occasions this season.

can tell that you're a bitter drinker.

Would you like to rephrase that?

I have just bought the following beers tonight:

Chimay White

Affligem Tripel

La Chouffe

Tripel Karmeleit

Westmalle Tripel

Barbar

Kwak

St Bernardus

Gouden Carolus

Gulden Draak

to go with the dozen bottles of Duvel I picked up from the supermarket earlier today.

Chimay White

Affligem Tripel

La Chouffe

Tripel Karmeleit

Westmalle Tripel

Barbar

Kwak

St Bernardus

Gouden Carolus

Gulden Draak

to go with the dozen bottles of Duvel I picked up from the supermarket earlier today.

Some of my favourite beers there

Some of my favourite beers there

Yep. I'm also heading over to a shop called 'The Offie' in Leicester this evening - they stock a couple of hundred Belgian beers. I'm hoping to get my hands on some out of the more unusual saisons and gueuzes (Lambics)

Always thought Bucko was left footed.Certainly since seeing his effort a few years ago at RB against Peterborough.He played right side against Ipswich and didn't look comfortable. I'd hope a product of one of the best academies in the world would produce a player comfortable on either foot. Keane right Bucko left

Always thought Bucko was left footed.Certainly since seeing his effort a few years ago at RB against Peterborough.He played right side against Ipswich and didn't look comfortable. I'd hope a product of one of the best academies in the world would produce a player comfortable on either foot. Keane right Bucko left

He played right side next to Shackell quite a few times and looked ok.

Chimay White

Affligem Tripel

La Chouffe

Tripel Karmeleit

Westmalle Tripel

Barbar

Kwak

St Bernardus

Gouden Carolus

Gulden Draak

oh lord, what a waste of money. Had they sold out of John Smiths Cream Flow?

Archived